Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting the selected vertices, edges and faces?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Getting the selected vertices, edges and faces? Reply with quote

Looking at the example plugin, I can see how I can get the selected objects, but how do I get other selections? Specifically, I'd like to get the selected vertices, edges and faces if possible.

If not possible, what's the time-table for adding to the plug-in API? My experience is that an application is better off if the application itself is built on top of the plug-in API -- that ensures that anything that the built-in tools need to do, is available through the plug-in API.

To be specific: I'd like to know which object and vertex index is selected for the selected vertex, rather than just the vertex co-ordinate (same for edges etc). In addition, I'd also like to be able to set the selection, as well.
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goes bump in the night?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plugin API doesn't provide other selections than objects, lights and materials at the moment. After 1.5 we'll take a very close look at the API to see how it can be improved (without having to rewrite all current plugins). We also need to describe it in detail as it severely lacks documentation. DeleD 1.5 is scheduled for release in August so any improvements on the plugin API can be realized in September at the earliest.
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means that I can't actually write the "bridge" command myself. Too bad.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet anyway. But you can help me write it so it is part of DeleD itself. Bridge is on my wishlist for quite some time already so... Wink
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wished DeleD was more open to plugins. I've always wanted to write a custom grid popup that could set the grid (I really hate it when I'm working in 3/6/12 and when I come back up from grid size 1, I'm back in 2/4/8/16 sizes. So I could have a quick toggle window.

Also, I wish I could write something to scan all the objects and by reading the user tag, and then either add or remove the object from the current selection. (Usefull for lightmap selection only, when you have to toggle like 600 objects Laughing)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: