Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texture Identifier and More

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vijchti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Texture Identifier and More Reply with quote

I often find that I can't remember what texture I've assigned where, and it isn't always easy to tell what texture is on a polygon by comparing it to the picture in the material picker.

Perhaps you could work in a feature where DeleD tells you what texture is on the selected polygon (or a list of textures if you're selecting an object) in the object inspector or by making a blue square around those textures in the material picker.

Unless there's already a way that I've missed, which I probably have.

Edit: As long as I'm requesting features, would it be possible to allow us to select multiple textures at a time in the texture editor? I don't always know what texture I'm going to use, so I like to play around and see what each looks like. In order to do that, I have to drag and drop each texture into my scene, and then delete them one by one if I don't like any.

Edit 2: Also, this isn't essential, but it would be nice if the views automatically adjusted themselves when you closed or opened the material editor so that you didn't have to hit the toggle function window. I don't really mind, but it would make DeleD seem more professional, I suppose.

Edit 3: Heheh, hang in there, I should be done soon. It's awesome that you've fixed group scale and rotation, but could you fix group mirroring for the next version?

"Psst, Here's a secret...Your last mortal thought will be,
'Why did I take so many days - just like today - for granted?'"
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Good idea! Or perhaps something like the eyedropper tool most 2d draing applications use.

2. Good idea!

3. Good idea!

4. Good idea!

Not a lot of variation in my reply, but when you're right, you're right, right? Very Happy
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, as a temporary solution for your first request, if you open up the Replace Material tool you get a nice overview of all materials in the current selection. Not the most convenient approach, I have to admit, but it does help! Smile
Vijchti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried doing that, but it gets pretty tedius with complicated objects. I also have a habit of merging objects when I know I'm not going to be moving them anymore...I should probably stop that. Smile

Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vijchti wrote:
Yeah, I tried doing that, but it gets pretty tedius with complicated objects. I also have a habit of merging objects when I know I'm not going to be moving them anymore...I should probably stop that. Smile
Last time when you asked for group mirroring, I suggested a workaround, but I forgot that it was new to 1.5 and that everyone didn't have it.

You can rotate 180 degrees now to simulate a grouped mirror operation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it were that easy, but rotating isn't the same as mirroring the entire scene (unless the objects are symmetrical). If I rotate 180 degrees, I'll just end up looking at the back side of the object.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: