Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really Lowdef: RTS Buildings (yes, im building again ;D)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, cool tent, like it more than the new Orc Hut Smile
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

News Very Happy
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the tent.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kind of looks too much hand painted for me. Couldn't you make the textures look a bit more... professional? Regardless of that, it looks like a nice tent.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does hand painted not look 'professional'? It's a perfectly valid style. I think if his game managed to keep that look consistantly across all the objects it would look rather unique.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go back to that Orc hut for a moment: I figured out what was going on with the 'z-buffer precision'. You are using an 'alpha-blended' texture, which means the z-buffer cannot be used. Instead, DeleD has to fall back onto a simple per-polygon depth sort for this material. Normally, where just 'the occasional polygon' is transparent, this is not a problem at all, but as you use this single materials for all polygons in the model (obviously), this can lead to little artifacts like this.

Note how most of the available game rendering engines out there suffer from the exact same artifacts rendering complex alphablended surfaces, not just DeleD, so if you can think of a different way to model those bones without using alpha-blending, by all means go for it! The common solution would be to use a different texture for everything that is not transparent, but alas, for you that is out of the question...

Things like this make me realize we really really have to implement an alpha-testing blendmode for materials, not just alpha-blending. Ah well, some day...

Oh, playing around with the near and far clip buffer also made me realise those don't update immediately upon changing the setting. I'm putting that on the list!

Keep the low-poly modeling goodness coming! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: