Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some questions to add materials

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cckpanda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Some questions to add materials Reply with quote

1) What is the use of Lightmap? Any advantage of using lightmap?
After adding lightmap to my model, I can't export the materials correctly. When I check the model in DeleD Pro, there is a black translucent layer on my model.

2) "classname" "worldspawn"
"detail_number" "0"
"sounds" "1"
"MaxRange" "4096"
"mapversion" "220"
"wad" "\half-life\valve\halflife.wad"

When I open the map file by notepad, I found that there is a path of halflife, what is this? It appears in all of my map files, and say no material directory found during exporting map files. Besides, the material UV shifted to wrong place.

3) Can I edit material UV orientation as well as tiling of material on one mesh/triangle for model/map in DeleD Pro? Any tutorials about this?
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Some questions to add materials Reply with quote

cckpanda wrote:
1) What is the use of Lightmap? Any advantage of using lightmap?

The advantage of using lightmaps is that the lighting part can be done during the development process, before the runtime of the game. Eventually, you would use many light sources and calculating the lights real time can be very hard and time consuming. Here, you would just let DeleD create your lightmaps and blend them in your application, they are like normal textures.
Quote:
After adding lightmap to my model, I can't export the materials correctly. When I check the model in DeleD Pro, there is a black translucent layer on my model.

You will need light sources to create lightmaps correctly. Create a directional light source, rotate it so it partly faces to all directions, disable shadow generation and lightmap it. Then your model should be basically lightmapped and not only black.

Quote:
3) Can I edit material UV orientation as well as tiling of material on one mesh/triangle for model/map in DeleD Pro? Any tutorials about this?

You have the full control over the face of your polygons. Select an object, go to face mode, select some faces and you can 'rotate' them if you want. You should also check out the UV editor, where you can manually change every vertex' UV value.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addition to what MrFletcher just said:

- Lightmapping is not useful when exporting to Torque, as Torque does not support external lightmaps (the Torque lightmaps are dynamically calculated when you load a map).

- The .wad setting is happily ignored by Torque, it doesn't do anything, I used it to test .map files with some brush-based modelers when I started out. I might remove it one day. Then again, if you look inside the example maps that come with torque, they all contain bogus references to .wad folders. Wink

- In the current release of the exporter, UV Coordinates are not exported to .map textures axes 100% accurately, for the simple reason that I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Simple continous planar mapping works nicely, but detailed textured (especially when rotated or skewed) doesn't work yet. Working on it! If you know any .map/.dif exporter that handles this properly, please let me know as I haven't found any yet...
kaylon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torque does support the lighting created, you simply have to tell the .dif to use them rather then the global lighting in the Torque world editor/

.dif made and lit in Deled looks superb in Torque.

K
cckpanda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for helping me to solve problems.

I am trying your ways to fix them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: