Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Map Textures

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noone88

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Map Textures Reply with quote

Hi, iam trying to import a cs (halflife) *.map file to deled using the map importer plugin. The map gets loaded perfectly but without textures...

There is a new texture folder created but the folder is empty -> he "knows" that there are textures...

My Question: what file format and where does the plugin search for the textures?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting that, the .map importer is still in development so your feedback is most welcome! Smile

For Valve220 .map files (which your CS/halflife map is, right?), the .map importer looks for the texture files referenced in the .map,
1. looking for '.jpg', '.tga' and '.png' formats (no extension is specified inside the .map file)
2. in both the specified texture folder and it's parent path. If no texture folder is specified, it looks in the same path where the .map file is located (and it's parent path).

Hope that helps. If this is not the way you think it should work, or if for some reason it doesn't work the way it should, please let me know!

Also, if you know a good place to download some textured half-life/cs .map files for me to test with, that would be great! I don't have enough testing material available...
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious missing feature here is .dds, as that's what most textures are (or should be) these days...
sebarnolds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as .bmp for those who don't use the pro version, no ?

Sebastien
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fewer options for the free version, the better :-)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: