Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Grid Reply with quote

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but is it possible to get Custom major grid sizes onto the TODO list? Very Happy Being able to have them at 10 and 12 would be very usefull.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, we'll put that on the TODO list as well.

Note that we can't say anything about when these cool new features are actually implemented, only that they will be.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep 'm coming, I'll say! Especially the ones that are easy to implement Very Happy
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Keep 'm coming, I'll say! Especially the ones that are easy to implement Very Happy
How about TGA support so I don't have to keep making 2 copies of my textures? It's a very easy format to work with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jeroen also had this on the todo list once upon a time as there is some rudimentary tga loading code floating somewhere in the DeleD source. Putting it on the list.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
I think Jeroen also had this on the todo list once upon a time as there is some rudimentary tga loading code floating somewhere in the DeleD source. Putting it on the list.
The code isn't hard to write. The uncompressed TGA format is very simple. There is a header, and then just basically a raw dump of the data. There are some small things to worry about, like 24 bit or 32 bit, and if the pixels are flipped. Can just ingnore the compressed ones.

http://www.lighthouse3d.com/opengl/terrain/index.php3?tgalib Example here
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is TGA code somewhere in DeleD. We will activate it in version 1.0.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre, the compressed ones are just RLE, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement. The fileformat is not the problem, it is just the nice integration with the rest of the problem that takes some time.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Vampyre, the compressed ones are just RLE, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement. The fileformat is not the problem, it is just the nice integration with the rest of the problem that takes some time.
A lot of tools and programs, and games use only uncompressed TGAs, it's a fairly common thing to pretend compressed TGAs don't exist. Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh *lol*, I thought we only did that back in the old demoscene days ("costs an extra 5 lines of code? ignore it!"). Good to know!

Same holds for compressed BMP's, it's evil stuff that you shouldn't come near Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: