Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to make a low poly chain in DeleD PRO

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: how to make a low poly chain in DeleD PRO Reply with quote

How to make a chain in DeleD - by elementrix

open your paint program(best to use is paint.net). make a new image of 40x40 px. then you get this white image. do edit-select all-delete and you will get a transparant texture(you will see a checked image) now paint a ring in the middle of the image(not as big as the complete image but like this:

select the image to see how big it is in total.
save this image as a .tga (BUT DeleD lite doesn't support transparant files, only PRO supports .png , .tga and .dds so it's impossible to make that with lite).

but if you have pro it works like this:
open DeleD, double click on "rectangle" in the "create item"menu.

now move your mouse over one of the 2d views to create that rectangle.
make sure it is long and thin like this:

then press "space bar" so the rectangle will be cloned, then go to top view and rotate the rectangle 90 degrees. you will get something like this:

now import your image, you can see in the tutorial with the house when you scroll down how that works:
house tutorial link: http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2087

now apply the ring texture on both rectangles and go to "face mode - gen. UV - fit texture to size - ok". it will look like this:

(in lite the transparant part will look white)
now at the top of the screen you see an X, Y and a Z. select the Y (so you can only move in the Y direction which is vertically.

select both rectangles(if not already selected) and go to face mode, then go to "edit - select all" and you will see that you object get's some red lines around it. now select "scale" in the "face mode". then go to the front view and move your mouse (while pressed) and you will see that the texture get's smaller. (scale as far as you think it looks good) for me it is this:

then select only one of the two rectangles, go to face mode , select all. and make sure "move is selected in the face mode" then move in the front view and move as far as you think the chain looks good. how it looks:

now if you move around the object you will see that it looks good from every angle because of the 2 rectangles.

hope this helps Smile

ofcourse you can make more beatifull chaines if you have better textures, bump maps etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff again, Elementrix - you're on a roll! Smile

I want this in the official DeleD Tutorial section. Can you port it to the tutorial template?
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Excellent stuff again, Elementrix - you're on a roll! Smile

I want this in the official DeleD Tutorial section. Can you port it to the tutorial template?

i'll do my best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I think lots of people will appreciate your efforts - keep it up! Very Happy
Triplle
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demmit, also need pro for thisone xD

i really need to get pro Razz
MeinenM
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks elementrix...you rock at making tutorials, 3d modelling, texture making and everything else! I wish I had mad skills like you...Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: