Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to create a low poly star in DeleD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tincho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: How to create a low poly star in DeleD Reply with quote

Ok, well, this is a little tutorial for making a star (with an elementrix's advice) with just a 10 sided cylinder.

1) First take the 10 sided cylinder:

2) (This is Elementrix's advice) Take the round shaped polys and triangulate them but with the centroid command, not the normal one. You should have this, from both sides:

3) This step meant some confusion, so let me explain it with the front view:

Select 5 from 10 possible vertex. BUT they must be intercalated (one selected, the other not, one selected, etc.) as the image shows.

4) When you get these vertex selected, scale them down in 3D view or with +Ctrl in front view. And this should happen:

On the contrary with the polyline, this way you can smooth the star (and get a funny sea one) Very Happy

Ok, hope this is clear for everyone and:
C&C are welcome
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magnet tool can also come in handy here too if you want to give the star a more beveled look.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for that explination. Smile

asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Tincho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Smile This idea came to my head just instead the Xmas Compo (with the little shiny Christmas star on the top of trees). What I'm really tryng to solve now is the use of this short tutorial (apart from the stars I made for my fountain/well, of course Very Happy).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
santutatu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, I made a little video tutorial, from this tutorials for help you if you didn't understand any of the steps, you can download it here!
Hope that you guys enjoy it, and remember that : THIS TUTORIAL WAS MADE BY TINCHO07 AND THE ADAPTED VIDEO ONE BY SANTUTATU TAKING FROM BASE THAT TUTORIAL (I mean this one) Laughing Razz , BTW thanks Tincho for making such an easy to understand tutorial Smile

EDIT: I will start making video tutorials from the tutorials section to make easier to new users to get familiar with the interface Embarassed

Tincho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey santutatu, thx for that video help (really Smile ; I'd like to make one some time). But this is what I don't understand:

Quote:
I made a little video tutorial, from this tutorials for help you if you didn't understand any of the steps

Quote:
BTW thanks Tincho for making such an easy to understand tutorial

I sounds a little "contradictory" Laughing But anyway, thanks for the bother ("Gracias por la molestia", so it doesn't sound bad Wink )
santutatu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I meant that maybe some step may be misunderstood Smile but for me it was an easy to understand tutorial, again FOR ME, maybe i should edit that post Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: