Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which tools are you using?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Which tools are you using? Reply with quote

What other tools besides DeleD do you use during your (game) development? What do you like/dislike about those tools? Share your thoughts about them here! Very Happy
dirkk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DeleD and Gile[s] is a great combination. I don't do anything without Gile[s] because it has a broad spectrum of import and export file formats. Oh, and it's a lightmapper - a very good one.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the great Landscape Tool "MultiScape" - easy to use with perfect results. Other Tools : Photoshop 7 *g*, Draw 10, and Uyless Grass System (very easy and Free Grass System with many Options)
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm mainly Milkshape 3D, a great program.
For moddeling sometimes blender3d.
For graphical things Corel Photopaint and the gimp.
For Skyboxes Terragen.
For textures google imagesearch Wink
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me more about Milkshape, what do you like about that program in particular?
dirkk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vast variety of import and export filters (esp. from games, for example Max Payne!) and support for animations.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, plus being able to animate models you created. though very view manipulation functions (less than DeleD), you can receive very good results with it. And it's quite cheap, only 25 euros. you can give it a try to get inspired if you need to Wink
dirkk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but I don't expect any inspirations to Jeroen from Milkshape from a user interface perspective.

I own Milkshape for some time and DeleD is far more straight forward than Milkshape. A few tweaks here and there and DeleD may become the #1 low-cost modeller (oh, isn't it actually null-cost?).
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirkk wrote:
sorry, but I don't expect any inspirations to Jeroen from Milkshape from a user interface perspective.

I own Milkshape for some time and DeleD is far more straight forward than Milkshape. A few tweaks here and there and DeleD may become the #1 low-cost modeller (oh, isn't it actually null-cost?).

Milkshape has a few interesting features, like being able to place individual vertices and connect them to create polygons. Being able to just place some vertices is some i'd like too. The same goes for more import/export functionality. I think Milkshape owns a lot of its popularity to the huge amount of import/export fileformats it supports. I would like to see more import/export plugins developed (i'll implement an OBJ export plugin sometime soon).

As for the userinterface, I'll stick to DeleD's way. I can't satisfy everybody of course, but sofar almost everybody likes the DeleD userinterface. Smile

@ dirkk: feel free to talk some more about a "few more tweaks here and there". Wink
Murph

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wordering if deleD was able to place single vertices and then connect

im looking forward to it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: