Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carrara 6 Pro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrniceguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Carrara 6 Pro Reply with quote

DAZ3D has a currently a good deal for purchasing Carrara 6 Pro and I am thinking of getting it. Therefore I would like to know if someone could tell me their experience with this version.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get C5 Pro for free in 3D World Mag #100. From there, if you like it, you can cheaply upgrade to version 6 at a fraction of the price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mrniceguy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I bought the magazine.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly happy with it. It did crash on me once, but that was after hours of being opened, and having several large files opened.

Test render here:
http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smileyjumpvz1.gif

There is a video tutorial on the disc to model, rig, and animate a puppy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daark, do you know of an online retailer that may still have copies of issue 100? The UK store linked from their main site ran out of stock last week right before I was going to buy.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I live in Canada. The issue just came out here. You can't buy a back issue through the website? There is a page in the magazine advertising that, I'll take a look right now.

edit:

http://www.3dworldmag.com/page/3dworld?catname=/Back%20issues
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaark wrote:
Sorry. I live in Canada. The issue just came out here. You can't buy a back issue through the website? There is a page in the magazine advertising that, I'll take a look right now.

edit:

http://www.3dworldmag.com/page/3dworld?catname=/Back%20issues

Nope, they only give a link to myfavoritemagazine.co.uk, which is the same site that is linked to when #100 was still the latest issue. Their other suggestion is to go to ebay, there was one issue there but it was already sold before I got to it. Due to that two-three week lag for it getting sold over here, I'd thought maybe there's an american/north american magazine retailer with a copy, but I haven't had much luck in locating one.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to look. This is a 20$ magazine here, and it's not something you see on any magazine rack. I had to go to a book store to get it. The store is called Chapters. Don't know what help their website might be, they don't list magazines.

chapters.indigo.ca

101 doesn't come out in the US/Canada until the end of Feb.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always just go to daz3d.com/c5pfree to get a legit serial, and get c5p yourself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: