Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Modeling Team

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercc1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Need Modeling Team Reply with quote

Well in a few weaks i will be getting a game engine in which i will start a game this will be a volunteer project as in free to play all for fun game to make, It will based on medeival warfare Genre is going to be either a mmorpg or a mmofps cause you will role play and when fighting your sword / weapon will swing when you attack by left clicking,
it will be fairly big.

Deadly:
World Of War

Will need people for these rolls please

A Game Skin Maker-

A Building Modeler-

AND if you have a program for modeling characters and giving animation for them

A Character Modeler-

If you want anymore info on the game please post question and YES I DO KNOW I GOT BAD GRAMMER SORRY.
I will fill these parts in for people who volunteer please send a example of your work, and dont forget to leave email so i can keep in touch

Oh and if you want some sample models ive been working on please post and leave your email so that i may send the pictures of the models to you
THANKS GUYS ! ! !

Last edited by mercc1 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Need Modeling Team Reply with quote

Hi mercc Razz
I just want to give you some advice, hope you don't mind Razz
Every other kid these days says he's gonna create a mmo game and he needs a whole team of artists for it even before he has anything to show or atleast some proof he has the ability to creat a game..
It's hard enough as it is to find artists that would agree to work for free even if you do have the engine, the ability and something made to show, Artists these days almost never work for free..
I wouldn't build up expectations if I were you.. Confused

I suggest you first get the engine and see what you can do with it..
I'm sure it will take you quite a while before you could actually create even a simple game if you don't have experience with it..

Good luck Smile
mercc1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Well ive watched videos and read up on the engine its simpler then the c++ code more of drag model size and set stats type of thing , and thing is with the free part its mostly to have fun a free time thing and when done we can enjoy the game we wanted to play and so on i understand what you meen tho, but if doesnt work out owell ill do it my self no problem but it will take much longer alone T.T
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

mercc1 wrote:
Well ive watched videos and read up on the engine its simpler then the c++ code more of drag model size and set stats type of thing , and thing is with the free part its mostly to have fun a free time thing and when done we can enjoy the game we wanted to play and so on i understand what you meen tho, but if doesnt work out owell ill do it my self no problem but it will take much longer alone T.T

Just that I'm afraid it isn't very possible to get people to do art for you just like that..
Start working on your game, make your own things or use placeholders and after you have some sort of a starting, also perhaps something to show then you should try looking for people to join you.. even then it won't be easy though.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Adar is very much right. You need to show something before actively trying to attract people to your project.
mercc1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Well i would but i dont know how to post the pics on the forums.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

mercc1 wrote:
www.photobucket.com
Quote:
Well ive watched videos
Okay, you're pretty much doomed with that statement.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

Or with that one:
mercc1 wrote:

Try to do something on your own first and build up a solid base, make some small free games, even if they don't look good. Otherwise, nobody will believe you that you don't cancel the project after a month because you don't have the experience to estimate what comes up to you with such a project.
Maverick77
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above posters are right, now a days everyone wants to start there own game, you will have to put in a lot of work to prove yourself and that your not just a fly by night. Have a good solid base, and then post that you are looking for help and you will get a lot better response.
adr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start out making a FPS signal player game 1st. It much easyer then trying to do the networking that goes into making a mmo (hell i'm still trying to warp my head around it) and is a great start for thos that are wanting to get into something deep to get experience with. Even still FPS arnt the best to start into but do help alot in learning any game engine or language (c++, python, um XML..so on). If you never made one befor I would go check out a little program called "Game Maker" its a 2d (3d if you buy it, but dont have too) game engine that I started on like 5-6 years ago and by now it proablly has soo many examples on it you will learn very fast on what goes into a game that isnt even graphic related. Anyways, good luck into it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: