Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shade vertex Plugin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fik

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Shade vertex Plugin Reply with quote

Hi here is a plugin I have made from a request by Daaark.
What it does is assign vertex colours between two selectable colours by relative height(Axis selectable).
Here is link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?elgkmf0wqey

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for the idea Daark.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how it works, incase you missed it in my thread:

That's an extreme, obvious example, but it works great for shading terrain and other objects.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot fik!
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! You're on a roll, Fik! Very Happy
fik

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. Yes on bit of a roll, just haven't been inclinded to model lately.
Even with the great compo going on Shocked Keep trying but get nowhere. Plugin writing has caught my attention for moment.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a DeleD bug, or one with the plugin, but sometimes an object will revert to the system texture while being shaded. Mad
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and sometimes it destroys my geometry, but that might be because it's a bit complicated? (some of the house's and the main island in my compo entry get screwed up if I do this plugin on it.)
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't make a difference. There is no such thing as a 'complicated model', it's just a list of vertices and faces, and they only need to be looped through twice, to get the position ranges, and then to color them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Daaark
Jan-Paul said similar about UvMapping plugin if File not saved once before use. I can not get this to happen repeatably. Actually I have only got this to happen a couple of times. Still trying to find out why. I suggest saving file when first opened or when material editor used this seems to stop happening.
@Elementrix That is very strange as this plugin should not touch geometry at all only tests vertex positions and changes vertex colours. could you send me one of the meshes that gets destroyed I dont want this to happen!!
fik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done some more testing and sometimes Deled sends a material Id of -1 for polys this is cause of problem. Seems to be mainly when use material editor so will report this as a bug.
Still can't make it destroy geometry though.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it does is: I select an object, I do this plugin on it and it moves some vertices incredibly far to the left and the right.

I'm now at school but I will send you an object on which this occurs when I get home.
fik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Elementrix
Thanks that will be great. Very Happy
This is a strange fault as I don't change values intentionaly, must be something in the conversion to my format and back again.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't work on my palm trees last night. Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have found that texture changing fault, is from using material editor. When you have used and just ask for selected objects the changed texture is not sent correctly. Saving file does fix this. But I have also found that if I request textures this forces Deled to update internally. Then sends correct when ask for selected objects.
I have made this plugin now using this workround and cannot get to go wrong.
I have also found that plugin also destroys vertex alpha's if set this fixed to. Just waiting for Elementrix to post file that explodes Geomertry so I can see and fix this problem as I cannot replicate.
Also will Update and post other plugins that just ask for selected objects to stop this on them to.
If anyone found textures go wrong when haven't used material editor give me a shout and please try to say what you did and when it went wrong.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you have used and just ask for selected objects the changed texture is not sent correctly

That would be too weird, as you just get the objects you see in the editor, serialized to XML. So if you see things correctly on your screen, you should really get the correct data. I'll put this on our list of things to check. If it's true, congrats on spotting the Meanest Bug of the Month (TM). If not, kudos for the workaround anyway! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: