Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

semi-Transparent texture for windows of water

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: semi-Transparent texture for windows of water Reply with quote

i was making windows and could not find any tool in deled that could make textures turn semi-transparent.

does deled have that or can it be made Question

Thank you for reading Wink
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi svs

Quote:
i was making windows and could not find any tool in deled that could make textures turn semi-transparent. does deled have that or can it be made

What you are asking for is not done in DeleD,this needs to be done with whatever programing language you are using.

(this is a quote from another forum)

Quote:
Make a mesh property called Alpha - 0.1 to 1
Then when you load the map into your game have it set the alpha of any mesh with the alpha property to the said amount. Basically, it’s up to you to code this.

Hope this helps Smile

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
svs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well no really because i don't know how to do that with the programme i use witch is darkbasic.

thanks any way
svs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i would have to make a map maker any way to put the windows and models together so deled should have the ability to make objects semi-tranparent.

because if deled don't have this ability it means that deled is not a full map maker
SneakyPete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granada is right, the transparency is controlled by the 3D engine you are using. No matter which modelling app you use, you will still have to specifiy the transparency or alpha value of the window texture. Even if DeleD did allow you to apply transparent textures, you would have to program them into your app. If you are using DarkBasic, look into how you can set the alpha value of materials and textures. To say that DeleD is not a complete map maker because it does not allow you to define transparency is a little harsh. Especially since transaparency is handled very differently depending on the engine you are using.
svs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did not mean to be harsh but i'm just new to all this i'm only 16 years old .
in a way deled is a prefab maker i will have to make a small engine of darkbasic.
not a great prob but i have not learned alot so i will have to hit the books soon.

thanks for the info
i got a lot to learn Embarassed
Stiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it shouldn't be toooo hard to implement another attribute in the object panel, should it?
i mean DeleD doesn't have to draw thia alpha-blending, but it can save a value between 0 and 1, which must be changed in the object inspector.
dirkk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was what the tag property in the object inspector was for - for user defined attributes.

Actually I think there is no other way to do it because otherwise this tag must be supported by the export format.

[EDIT] Can't someone post an example how this can be done in DarkBasic? I am a Blitz user and I do these things by parsing the .b3d files on load.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stiller wrote:
but it shouldn't be toooo hard to implement another attribute in the object panel, should it?
i mean DeleD doesn't have to draw thia alpha-blending, but it can save a value between 0 and 1, which must be changed in the object inspector.

The problem is, i think, that when changing things like these, the file format has to get changed and this is something what is very problematically bacause -for example- when you build a big level and after updating deled, you can't load it any more. Unless someone writes an import plugin for old deled versions..
Stiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the transparent part could be saved/load by a special plugin. this is the solutíon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: