Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporters...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Exporters... Reply with quote

I don't know what's happening exactly with the exporters but the Direct X and Collada Exporter are producing some strange results with the Texture Files. Before i export a Model i merge all Parts to get one Object. After that i either export it with the Direct X Exporter or the Collada Exporter. And here's the strange thing:

The Direct X-Exporter
Exports the X File properly, but all textures Files are renamed (eg. floor1.png -> floor1 (1).png). Also if a Material is used more than once in the scene i get multiple PNGs of the same Material which are numeric (eg. floor1.png -> floor1 (1).png, floor1 (2).png, floor1 (3).png) and so on. This is really annoying if you have huge Scenes with many Materials. And finally, if i import the Model in any other 3D App i have multiple materials which use the same Texture. (floor1, floor1, floor1, ...)

The Collada Exporter
The Collada exporter exports the Texture Files properly. (floor1.png, wall1.png) but it creates for each object which uses the same Texture a material. (floor1 -> floor1__2_, floor1__3_) which is also VERY annoying.

OBJ Exporter
Same as the Collada Exporter, only with the naming schema of the Direct-X exporter.

EDIT: NuXPorter
Works like a charm Very Happy

Basically, if you have a DeleD Scene and have more than one Object that shares the same Material inside DeleD get's screwed in the Material name and/or Texture File and gets practically unusable - but only if you merge it. I'm afraid it's the same with the B3D Exporter.

My workaround is to export the Scenes/Models un-merged and merge them in 3ds max. There it works perfectly.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the last time I exported a collada file. I thought it was something I had done wrong tho, so never reported it.
The biggest problem I have with the way it's naming the textures is, my importer expects the material name to be the same as the actual texture, so the way the exporter is working now breaks the import.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exporters should be open source anyway. Also the lightmapper, then i can finally fix it myself... :p
John
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandmaster B wrote:
The exporters should be open source anyway. Also the lightmapper, then i can finally fix it myself... :p

Be nice. They have to make money somehow. Wink
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
Be nice. They have to make money somehow. Wink

If i - for example - fix errors in open-source exporters for DeleD they probably make more money and have less work, or can put more work into DeleD's main app. Its not evil Smile
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only exporter deled has that they charge for is the torque exporter. The main exporters are free.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: