Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto save plugin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Auto save plugin Reply with quote

I have almost completed a auto save plugin. It saves rolling backups while you are working to zip files. I don't know if anyone would be interested. But if like me when you get modeling you find the time disapears and you have forgot to save for longer than is wise(as any crashes always seem to be after you spent a long while doing something tricky, and its all gone because you forgot to save for a few hours. Then you have to do all over Sad )
Just got one bit I cannot work out how to do. That is to stop you being able to close DeleD before you close the plugin. As that causes an error loop that needs Task manager to close process to get out of. Other than that it seems to be all good Very Happy
If anyone knows of a good file host let me know and I will put it up if you would like.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Auto save plugin Reply with quote

fik wrote:
I have almost completed a auto save plugin. It saves rolling backups while you are working to zip files. I don't know if anyone would be interested. But if like me when you get modeling you find the time disapears and you have forgot to save for longer than is wise(as any crashes always seem to be after you spent a long while doing something tricky, and its all gone because you forgot to save for a few hours. Then you have to do all over Sad )
Just got one bit I cannot work out how to do. That is to stop you being able to close DeleD before you close the plugin. As that causes an error loop that needs Task manager to close process to get out of. Other than that it seems to be all good Very Happy
If anyone knows of a good file host let me know and I will put it up if you would like.

Can't you just have your plugin check to see if DeleD is active before it does something, and then shut itself down? You can do a 'FindWindow()' call, with DeleD, and see if it exists.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Daaark .I tried with that but that is only can close after DeleD closed and errors are popped up. Guess it not possible with plugins interface as it is, maybe some time in future there will be some way of Deled telling plugins it is closing.
I have uploaded to mediafire if anyone wants to look at plugin. As all working except you must close plugin before you close DeleD.
here is download link -
latest version see below
Any problems let me know i have only tested on XP. hope it of somne use to somebody.

Last edited by fik on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded it and will give it a try. I'm always forgetting to save my work on regular intervals and get stuck redoing my work.
Thanks for making this plugging. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do in NuXporter (if I remember correctly) is to find and subclass the DeleD main window. When that window gets a NC_DESTROY message, I know that DeleD is closing down.

However, I think that a separate thread is a bad idea -- just post a timer on yourself that fires every 10 minutes or whatever. Within a timer message notification in the main thread, it's safe to call into DeleD to extract the scene. Or, perhaps even simpler, just post a ctrl-S key event to the main window :-)
fik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice. I found the answer in the end Had to Use and set DllProc.
So here is the fully working version which dosen't cause a crash if you forget to close it before DeleD.
latest version see below
Hope anyone who uses finds this better I do Very Happy

Last edited by fik on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
fik

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found there was a problem with new version. It stopped errors when open but made errors when not Embarassed
This is modified version seems all ok both now
http://www.mediafire.com/?tbxdpjyifxx
version 1.2
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, the tray icon and the zipping are a real nice touch. Not so sure I like the enforced folder name, but for the average user that is probably the best (safest) choice. Good job! Haven't been able to crash it yet...

Uploaded it here.

Remark:
1. I am not sure if changing the values while the thing is running affect the settings immediately. If not, perhaps they should be greyed out until you hit the stop button, or there should be a little text explaining that.
fik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul-Jan for finding time to check this out and putting in your plugin section. I was going to make the folder name changable maybe I should?
I liked the fact that if you zip a file it takes approx 1/10 the disk space so you can keep quiet a few backups at little cost Very Happy
On changing the values while running this should effect settings immediately I will do some more testing of this to make sure it is the case.
fik

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have found this can still crash if you have not saved the scene at least once since you started a new scene or opened Deled. Am completely stumped at what to do to stop this Exclamation
So please if you are using this plugin. Save your Scene at least once and you won't have problem.
Lascar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am searching for the autosave plug-in but the link on this thread is dead.
Is it available anywhere else?

Edit: Never mind (it's me) I found it on the other link Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: