Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Freezing primitives

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Freezing primitives Reply with quote

Hey guys

Does anyone of you ever freeze a primitive? DeleD has the functionality, but I never hear anyone talk about that.

Also, what is "freeze" supposed to do? I notice that the object turns blue and isn't selectable by using the viewports anymore, while it is still selectable in the scene inspector. Is this intended?

Thanks
fik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, more than hide.
Have not noticed that you can select in scene inspector would suspect this is not meant,but then again for just unfreezing a single object that is useful. Like would be nice to unhide/unfreeze single objects from a list in menu. (Puts on my growing list of patches I would like to get round to implimenting)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When designing a scene, a user sometimes has certain parts finished and is working on other parts. To make sure the finished parts aren't changed, the user can freeze those objects. They're still visible, to aid the artist in creating the rest of the scene. Things like selecting objects using mouse+drag becomes easier this way.

Selecting frozen objects in the Scene Inspector isn't really intended. This should be fixed.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Like would be nice to unhide/unfreeze single objects from a list in menu.

I was thinking of that too. Maybe we could add a Freeze/Unfreeze and a Hide/UnHide item to the right-click menu in the scene inspector. That would really make it easy to use these features. It would be awesome If you could make a patch for this! Smile

Also, I dont really like the current Freeze/Hide tool. I rather have a few toolbuttons that provide us with some freeze/hide options.
F34rlix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreedm i always have problems in the welding of vertices, thers always that anoying little vertice that always gets selected that u dnt want.
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
When designing a scene, a user sometimes has certain parts finished and is working on other parts. To make sure the finished parts aren't changed, the user can freeze those objects. They're still visible, to aid the artist in creating the rest of the scene. Things like selecting objects using mouse+drag becomes easier this way.

That is a very useful feature to be able to freeze and or hide/unhide. Sometimes things just get in the way and you spend a lot of time arranging your views to circumnavigate it/them, hide is then used. Freezing to prevent selecting things you don't want to.
Jeroen wrote:

Selecting frozen objects in the Scene Inspector isn't really intended. This should be fixed.

Umm, how are you then supposed to select it to unhide/unfreeze it?

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
Umm, how are you then supposed to select it to unhide/unfreeze it?

DeleD only supports unfreezing all objects. Of course, being able to unfreeze single objects would be very nice. So you're right! Selecting frozen objects should be possible using the scene inspector. The Hide/Freeze tool, in addition, should be improved by allowing the user to unhide/freeze a selection of objects...

Question is: is this used very often?
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont use it as often as say extrude, but it is used for sure.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: