Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truespace going?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fik

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Truespace going? Reply with quote

Looks like Truspace7.6 which was made free is about to disapear.http://www.caligari.com/News/news_200905/LetterFromTheFounder.html So If you were meaning to get it or try it, get there fast Exclamation
http://www.caligari.com/default.asp
Conker303

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Truspace7.6?

D-E-L-E-D

Yea...you wish you could do that...
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad story. I'll miss trueSpace, it had the best polygon tools i can think of and incredible stable boolean tools.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conker303 wrote:
What is Truspace7.6?
A piece of shit and a waste of time.

Nothing to see here. Wink
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I laugh every time I see garbage talk like this. It is only gargabe if the user is to lazy minded to learn the icons or even spend time to learn the program period (TS 7.6 can be set to menus). TS in it's state right now is far more advanced then Deled. And a few yrs from now, it will still be more advanced. NO offence

Even after the Caligari site closes when it closes, this does'nt mean it is the actual end of truespace. Plugins can still be made for it and there are still people making them. Not to mention that long community members there have already set up other forums. http://www.tscommunity.co.cc

Caligari has been around for what, 25yrs. I don't see it dying out that easy. One thing I can always say about that community is that it was and still is very active. The new forums already had 25 members join since it went up less than 24 hrs ago. I would bet within a year the new forums will probably have more threads than what you see here.

In the end TS 7.6 is one of the most stable well packed modelers i had ever used, I have been using caligari products for 4 yrs and will continue to do so until my pc no longer runs it. which will be a long time from now.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaark wrote:

That's immature, wrong and plainly spoken stupid. Just because some people dont like or "hate" (phew!) software doesn't mean it is bad. It's a very solid product at least.

I will also continue to use trueSpace - because it's a great package.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want good geometry tools/commands, look into Silo. It's very cheap, and a lot of high enders use it to model everything before importing it into their other software packages.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I see it, Xilo like any other editor, can do no more for me than what TS already does. TS 7 for me is super stable and never crashes and has all the tools that I could need or even need it for. In fact it does so much that I could literally get rid of every other editor that I have installed and work just from TS without the need of any other editor. I use just a basic programming language to view and play with my creations which is dark basic pro. with that said, NO other editor is more compatible to it then TS is. Most, if not all other programs always need another program of some type whether it is for converting, animations whatever. TS already has virtually everthing I need to make a model and just drop it into my projects without the need of any other programs.

Even maya and max cannot do any more for me. Besides, it is not the editor that produces a good model, it's the user and how well they know their tools. And I know TS tools very well. Even deled unfortunately for me is starting to collect dust. I would use it more but unfortunately the light mapper is no good to use with darkbasic and until the animation has an exporter, I really have no use for deled other than to make simple models which I can do just as easy with TS. even then, TS has a pretty good animation system. Smile

(Edit) By the way, The new forums last I checked were at 151 users and is already very active. Smile As I said, It is not going to die out that easy.

Also, for those who are interested. As a last good will from the Caligari corp. they have released the last update that was being worked on and the files for TS 7.6, TS 7.61 and the stand alone of 7.61 will be up on the site for grabs for the next 5 months. So there is plenty of time still to get whatever you want from the site before they close. Smile
adr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(has no clue what any of thos are o.o) I'm just going to stick to my good old trusted deled ^^
DreamBliss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: The link is dead... Reply with quote

It appears your link is dead. A thread I found said it's now here:
http://tscommunity.co.cc/forum/index.php

But that doesn't work either. Can anyone track down these folks and update us? Or did everyone up and quit?
- DreamBliss

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: