Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grid and Unit settings requests

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamBliss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Grid and Unit settings requests Reply with quote

This is a request for an option to change the generic unit used in DeleD. While it is possible to change the grid, a mesh created in DeleD on export, unless the Scale option is adjusted, will register as very large in other programs. It would be far easier to let the user determine just what the generic grid should be. I propose how to do this in a video to which I posted a link in the Development Forum.

In addition I would also like to request a grid subdivsion option that could be turned on or off. This would allow, when on, the user to scroll in and the grid would keep getting smaller while retaining the grid settings. It would work the way Max works with the grid (older versions, not sure about the newer ones.)

So if you're grid was set to 16x8, you would always have gridlines encompassing grids of 8x8. So in one zoom they would be 128, for example. The smaller units would be 16, There would be 8 across and 8 down. Scroll in far enough and now the larger unit is 16, with each smaller unit at 2, and there would be 8 across and 8 down.

This would allow greater control over the detail of a mesh, especially when working on the grid with curves. At present you either make the grid really small to do your curves or you don't use the grid at all.
- DreamBliss

My Forums
http://spiritualexplorers.zymichost.com/index.php
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: