Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Developing plugins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Developing plugins Reply with quote

I'd like to see more import/export plugins being developed. People like to see the MAP, X import, and 3DS fileformats supported but of course, I don't have the time to code all that myself. So... where are all you hotshot coders out there? You wanna give it a shot? Wink

EDIT: i've started coding an X import plugin. It's already working except for UV coordinates. I'll get to that soon. Very Happy
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody explain to me in a few sentences how to code a plugin with Delphi? Is it possible anyway? I've never come to face those issues..
dirkk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try. At first, yes it is possible. Jereon provided a sample in the plugins/example directory.

With Il Buzzos exporter/importer example code (which AFAIK is a direct translation from Jereons Delphi Code) you get all object/vertex/line information from string arrays in a central routine. As an exporter writer you take this stream and format it the way you want it. In most cases this is it. If you try to export to a more exottic format you might have to do some arithmetic to get the format you want.

With Jereons new effort I expect that there will be slight changes in both the C++ and Delphi exporter code, so if you try to engage then you might want to wait for this.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is perfectly possible to create your own plugins. Using Delphi would be most easy but you can also use C++ if you want to. I have yet to create extensive documentation on plugins (again, a time issue) but looking at the examples should make a lot clear already.

The new system is more advanced than the current system but generally uses the same principle to transmit data between DeleD and plugins. I'll update the examples and will try to write (some) documentation if given enough time so you can start building your own plugins soon. Smile
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah damn, I did never look into the plugin folder..
Well i doubted because I heard that there is some trouble to write dll files with Delphi.
Gonna see for the examples now!
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no problem whatsoever writing DLL's in Delphi. You just have to know what you are doing (which holds for every language).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: