Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lua Plugin System
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Sorry for not being on the forums for some days, but I was a little bit busy with University, but in the meanwhile I've started to develop a little DeleD Scene Inspector for lua plugin system (I did this firstly because of a videogame I'm working on....), so I've polished a little bit code and added some simple actions and I'm releasing it as a tutorial to understand better Lua Plugin System potential with graphical user interface:

This is just intended as a tutorial, you can give a look to material layers, you can edit objects vertices, and you can know what kind of light is the one selected in tree control.
More you can use menu actions to send back to DeleD modified objects, or just selected one, or to exit script.
You can download from:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/tutorials/luatut6.zip
it's just 8 KB (with included icons) and you need just to uncompress in lua_plugins directory in main DeleD plugins directory...
Just a note: obviously you need DeleD Lua Plugin System.
Bye All Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Il Buzzo wrote:
Hi Guys,
Solved Lua Plugin System problem, so now debug console is well shown.
I've also included in main documentation Lua 5.0 and ToLua++ manual reference.
I've added IUP reference manual but it caused the package to became really big [3,66 MB].
So I've decided to release two versions, one called full version that contains full IUP reference but it's [3,66 MB], that you can download from:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/LuaPluginSys.zip

And the other one called lightweight [1,12 MB] that contains basic Documentation plus Lua and ToLua++ but not IUP, and you can download from:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/LuaPluginSysLV.zip

Note that plugin functionalities are the same as well as examples, the only difference between these two versions is documentation.

Bye All Wink.
Please Jeroen or Paul-Jan update this version on site as soon as possible (debug console is really usefull, i forgot to init pagers (XP does automatically so on XP console worked but other OS no) ), thanks.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice quote... but what is the particular reason you quoted this message? Is something wrong with the downloads? Are there any questions you wanted to ask Il Buzzo about the plugin? Please share your thoughts and ideas with us, they are much appreciated!

Meanwhile, I'll add the tutorial Il Buzzo so kindly provided to the download section.
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
While revisioning my samples I've noticed that there is an error in, show bug code, owing to the fact it's of an older sys version, so the correct code is the following:
Code:

--PLUGIN NAME:Show selected Objects Bug...
--This file is intented to show a bug...
Message("This is a sample of selected object bug.\nBefore continuing make sure you've nothing in your DeleD scene.","Lua Plugin System",INFO);
result=Message("Do you want to cause this bug?","Lua Plugin System",QUESTION+YES_NO);
if result==ID_YES then
--let's initialize a scene class
scene=Scene:new();
print("Scene Created..");
--get all materials and copy to scene
GetMaterials(false,scene);
--add a test cube
AddTestCube();
Message("Please select all objects in DeleD before continuing\nby choosing from deled menu select all, changes will be shown when OK is clicked.\nOr nothing will happen.","Lua Plugin System",INFO);
--get selected objects only
GetObjects(true,scene);
--if you have more than one object
--I'll modify first object and then I'll send it back to DeleD
if scene:getObjectsSize()>0 then
newobj=scene:getObject(0);
newvert=newobj:getVertex(0);
newvert.y=-50;
Message("Are you ready?You can still avoid bug by deselecting everything now!!!","Lua Plugin System",INFO);
SetObjects(newobj);
Message("Plugin is ended but....After this message, control is passed back to Deled and you'll see the bug...\nAnyway if you deselected the object before everything works as it should...","Lua Plugin System",INFO);
end
end

Anyway, it's not really usefull unless you want to know more this bug so to avoid it. It's currently due to plugin system, and it occurs just if you pass back to DeleD the same selected object.
I'll start some tutorials for this system in tutorials forum, just give a look for new samples.
Bye all Wink
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strange error after using the tutorial 6 plugin and sending objects back to DeleD. I can't select any object from the scene anymore and it seems the graphics get messed up. I'm deselecting objects in DeleD before passing them.
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Have you closed plugin after passing objects back?
Cause if you haven't Plugin still have the control over DeleD!
So after passing back objects close plugin and everything will work, at least in all my tests (with a PIII laptop with 8MB graphic card, that is really slow, my home PC 64 bit, doesn't make any problem at all).
Anyway let me know Wink
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes you are right. The plugin window minimizes and I thought it closes itself. Thanks.
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I've just corrected some problems in Lua Plugin System due to some errors not seen before in my VS8 wizard (corrected yet and released).
So I've released a new version as usual.
I've released two versions this time too, full version that contains full IUP reference but it's [3,66 MB], and you can download from:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/LuaPluginSys.zip

And lightweight [1,12 MB] that contains basic Documentation plus Lua and ToLua++ but not IUP, and you can download from:
http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/LuaPluginSysLV.zip

Note that plugin functionalities are the same as well as examples, the only difference between these two versions is documentation.
In this version I've added example 6 and corrected some bugs in C++ code that could reflect in some errors.
So please download this version replacing the old one [this version is 1.1].

Bye All Wink.
Please Jeroen or Paul-Jan update this version on site as soon as possible so to prevent possible errors for users.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks II Buzzo! Smile New version has been uploaded. As each plugin is now listed seperately, we're only showing the full version. If somebody wants the lite version instead, please let us know and we'll upload the lite version as well, showing it as a seperate plugin.

Also, the selection bug in the plugin architecture will be solved soon. We'll focus on the plugin architecture in the next months. Smile
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Sorry for being off for so long but I'm really busy right now (it's almost two months I can't write more than a line of code) but don't worry, I'm returning!!!
I'm working on a IDE for lua plugin system including a test system (so you don't need to run DeleD to test your plugins, causing data loss in case of bad errors...), full sintax highlighting and completion utility.
It' s a currently work in progress and I'm developing with .Net Framework 2.0 and VS8 (compatible with Vista yet).
So when I'll have some images or better a Beta I'll post as usual (in the meaning time I've added open GL commands so you can render everything in your plugin without influencing DeleD windows).
To tell the truth I'm working on landscape plugin port to Lua Plugin System so I'm still adding some commands but expect a release one day of these...
Bye all Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: