Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lighting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CakeMonitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: lighting Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm working on a game in which the scene comprises of a 3D grid of static 'blocks' (some are simply cubes, some are a little more complex) they all fit inside one of my grid units (16 x 16 x 16)

I've created and textured several of these 'blocks' in DeleD but when I put them into my scene, they are full-bright while other 3D shapes that I create at runtime follow the rules of my scene lighting!

e.g.

When I have no lights - my runtime-created shapes cannot be seen, but the imported models are full bright.

If I set an ambient light of mid-grey and create a directional red light in the west all - my runtime-created shapes are partly lit with their west facing surfaces taking a red hue... however, my imported models are full bright on all colour channels.

I'm programming in Blitz Basic 3D, and using the .B3D exporter for DeleD.

I've tried setting DeleD's ambient light variable to 0,0,0 and exporting again, and I've tried exporting the models both with lightmaps and without lightmaps (I assume I *should* export them without lightmaps because there are no lights in my DeleD scene)

Can anyone help me resolve this please?

Thanks,

Martin.
mappy
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it will help you but ... have you try the EntityFx command in Blitz for your DeleD imported models ?

EntityFX entity,fx

Parameters:

entity - entity handle

fx -
1: full-bright
2: use vertex colors instead of brush color
4: flatshaded
8: disable fog

Description:

Sets miscellaneous effects for an entity.
Flags can be added to combine two or more effects. For example, specifying a flag of 3 (1+2) will result in a full-bright and vertex-coloured brush.

You may try EntityFx yourentity,0 and see what happens.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this. The B3D exporter probably sets some texture/layer properties that makes it ignore all vertex lighting settings. We'll look into it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: