Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fit to texture

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Fit to texture Reply with quote

A quote from this thread:
Quote:

- the generate UV command now has an option to fit the texture size to the face size. Hitting ctrl-shift-f when in face editing mode also does the trick, setting the object's autoUV property to false on the fly.

The way of work of this feature has changed since the release of 1.34, hasn't it? Instead of this

DeleD will rather generate a coordinates like this

assuming that the polygons are like a stencil and cut out their part of the texture.
However, I find both ways useful. Could you add a feature to make the texture fit to the face again, like shown on this picture?
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that too. I have to make straight faces and then move the vertices aftwards. On whole objects where this used to work properly, it just flat out doesn't work anymore. Mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked We didn't touch that particular code so I wonder what went wrong. Seems to me another bugfix release should be made.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Shocked We didn't touch that particular code so I wonder what went wrong. Seems to me another bugfix release should be made.
What it does is map correctly to the vertices on the left, and then it just goes straight across, instead of stopping properly at the other vertices on the right... if that makes sense?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: