Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Litghtmapping Feature...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Litghtmapping Feature... Reply with quote

I just working on my little Chapel and then i've got this little idea:

To turn Off or On the Option "Lightmap throug Transparent Textures". Eg: When you've got a Scene with many Trees or other Transparent Textures and you lightmap it, there's no visible shadow so it doesn't really matter but the Lightmapping Time is very long (for chapel scene about 20 mins). And that the Lightmapping Options (Size etc) Window displays if you click on "Generate Lightmap". It's (for me) important, and it would be faster to change the Lightmap options. (altrough to go in options and change blah blah...)

What do you think ?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the upcoming file format change, there will be a generic 'don't cast shadows' options for individual materials. This would allow you to do just that by turning shadowcasting off for those transparent materials. Would that work for you, or do you feel strongly about having an explicit and separate option that does exactly this?

I like the idea of having the lightmapping options popup when rendering the lightmap (and having a separate 'quick lightmap' action that simply reuses the last settings without showing the options). Does anyone not agree this would be a good thing to have?
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Does anyone not agree this would be a good thing to have?
That would be me! (ack, just realized I went against it, instead of FOR it...) I am FOR it.. Embarassed

Laughing Also, a per object "don't cast shadows' is also a must.

Last edited by Daaark on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Does anyone not agree this would be a good thing to have?

Absoluteley. Good to hear, cant wait ^^
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: