Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

90 Feature List
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKurgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: 90 Feature List Reply with quote

Is there a feature list anywhere of what 90 will have that the current version (863) does not have?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short:

-new textures
-new levels
-new prefabs
-new and improved plugin system
- LOTS of small improvements
and last but not least lightmapping!

(full details in the actual release)

Wink

Last edited by Jeroen on Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- New 3d view navigation Very Happy

what!? Mad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Vampyre, we still have to take a good look at the 3D navigation (haven't got time for that yet, as for lots of other things). No worries though, it's still on our TODO list. Wink
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. what about an 'entity' type object? Just needs 3 properties. A color (to visually tell them apart), a x,y,z size parameter and a text entry, so you know what it is when you parse it?

Would be best to have it drawn as a bounding box maybe?

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten round the entity problem by creating my own entitie placing editor for our game I call it MOODEdit. I'm not sure what engine your using but if it's DBPro your welcome to look at the code once I'm done, probably in a few days.
sueastside

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:
- New 3d view navigation Very Happy

what!? Mad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

No dont change it! its good the way it is, heck its even perfect Smile
(you could make an option to change between diffrent 3d navigation styles)

I vote for vertex hiding Very Happy
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sueastside wrote:
No dont change it! its good the way it is, heck its even perfect Smile

I disagree. Sad It's not like a 'deal breaker' on Deled, but it's highly frustrating to use it.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:
Hmm.. what about an 'entity' type object? Just needs 3 properties. A color (to visually tell them apart), a x,y,z size parameter and a text entry, so you know what it is when you parse it?

Would be best to have it drawn as a bounding box maybe?

Laughing

I'm in favour of an entity type object in DeleD. It's a must for any serious 3D programmer out there I think. However, we will not include it in 0.90 because I want 0.90 to be released as is (we waited long enough!). Right after that we can start implementing additional features like entities. So yes, they will be in there. Smile
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
I've gotten round the entity problem by creating my own entitie placing editor for our game I call it MOODEdit. I'm not sure what engine your using but if it's DBPro your welcome to look at the code once I'm done, probably in a few days.

I'm using win32/opengl in c++. Smile Engine is my own.

There are many ways to get around the problem. Even within the editor.. just placing blocks with tags can do the job, but it doesn't beat having a proper entity object, where you can easily hide them all and stuff.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ok I'll keep my code a secret, and my own engine in C++/OpenGL is my project after we've got MOOD underway, can't wait.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people here keep refering to DarkBasic as an engine? Is it not a full featured programming language? Or is everything mostly already set up for you?

*confused* I guess I'll take a look at it.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:

There are many ways to get around the problem. Even within the editor.. just placing blocks with tags can do the job, but it doesn't beat having a proper entity object, where you can easily hide them all and stuff.

Yeah, there will be a full entity object called "Custum Entity". It will most likely work simular to light objects. Meaning entities are represented by some standard 3D object (who knows, might be a capital E in 3D Wink) of which you can't manipulate the geometry + it has its own set of properties. Would location+color+text properties be enough or are more properties needed?

Again, this will be implemented after the release of DeleD 0.9 LITE. Smile
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Vampyre_Dark wrote:

Yeah, there will be a full entity object called "Custum Entity". It will most likely work simular to light objects. Meaning entities are represented by some standard 3D object (who knows, might be a capital E in 3D Wink) of which you can't manipulate the geometry + it has its own set of properties. Would location+color+text properties be enough or are more properties needed?

Again, this will be implemented after the release of DeleD 0.9 LITE. Smile

I think they would be better done as a bounding box. Imagine you had like.. a fire extinguisher and you wanded to lne it up flat against the wall. It's very hard to line it up when all you can see is a model of an 'e'.

Maybe keep the 'e', but have a optional type in x,y,z to define a bounding box to draw around it? So you would still see the 'e', but with the box outline traced around it. Otherwise, we are going to end up doing trial and error on all our entities. :S Not good.

At times it's hard enough even with the bounding box.
Confused
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going way offtopic in this thread, but i was thinking we could allow people to use placeholder objects for those entities. So your fire extinguisher would actually look like a fire extingquisher, your evil-devil-big-boss-spawn-position would look like (the first frame of) the evil-devil-big-boss, stuff like that. Would make alignment a lot easier than just a bounding box.

Ofcourse, it would have to be optional, because otherwise placing your 25.000 grunts around the level won't do the polycount much good Smile

All this does sound a bit harder to implement compared to the functionality mentioned above, so maybe in the PRO version only? Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: