Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is this right?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: is this right? Reply with quote

ok i downloaded 1.6 and exported my forest scene with the .b3d exporter now i have 2 questions:

1: when i open the map where i exported my scene it seems that all the texture names don't have the first letter anymore??

2: i took a look at the size of the forest.b3d file and whas totally suprised when i saw the the file was 1.5GB in size and whas still growing??

with the old plugin the file was only 1MB?

edit: it now did stop with growing and it is a total of 2.9GB! in size

edit:edit:

i forgot to say this:

i also tried to export my scene with the .X exporter and just look at this:

before exporting:

i imported the exported .x file and this is the result:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.x files don't store multiple UVs. There was some kind of hack to get it working before I believe.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre is right - .X files don't store multiple UV coordinates so lightmapped scenes will loose the lightmaps. A trick is to save the scene to multiple .X files , one for each set of UV coordinates (actually, one for each layer in materials), and then render the scenes on top of each other. Rather inefficient, this is the way DarkBasic does it, AFAIK, but this is not something we have implemented in DeleD.

However, I see that the textures are not rendered properly either (missing grass) so it seems something goes wrong with either exporting UV coordinates to the .X file or importing them again. Can you send me your scene to my regular emailaddress in my profile? I'd very much like to test things myself. Thanks in advance. Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the B3D export problems:

1. I fixed the issue with the first character missing from the texture filenames, as well as some other minor issues related to color materials.

2. Am I right in assuming you have a lot of materials in that scene? I found a bug causing the exporter to export for each vertex a layer of uv coordinates for the total number of material layers in the scene. So if you had 50 materials and used lightmapping, that's 100 pair of UV coordinates getting exported per vertex... major *woops*. Fixed now.

Could you please redownload the plugin (now version 2.01) and try again? Thanks! Smile
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I right in assuming you have a lot of materials in that scene?

yes there are 461 objects in that scene Razz

Quote:
Can you send me your scene to my regular emailaddress in my profile? I'd very much like to test things myself.

ofcourse i will send it as fast as possible Wink do you also need the lightmaps????

edit: i downloaded the new .b3d exporter and it works MUCH better then the last one Very Happy now i exported it and all the names are correct and the file now is only 1.3 mb.

and another question: does b3d only supports triangulated polygons because that really s****
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I was affraid me editing my post might be confusing, and by the way you needed to edit your own post as well I know now it was confusing. Sorry for that! Very Happy

I'm glad the B3D now works ok. And yes, the B3D file format only supports triangles AFAIK. Lots of 'final' file formats do, because it's kinda efficient to render... but it sure is annoying if you need to reload your information from a B3D and continue working with it Very Happy.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: