Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preview Release CrystalSpace 3D Exporter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIONCode
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Preview Release CrystalSpace 3D Exporter Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

A preview version of the CrystalSpace 3D Exporter for DeleD has been released by LIONCode. This exporter will allow you to export a DeleD scene to the popular CrystalSpace 3D Engine.

To download the exporter visit: http://www.lioncode.com/products.html

You can report bugs here:
http://www.lioncode.com/bugs

Kind Regards,

http://www.lioncode.com
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very slick preview release, great job! Very Happy

I don't actually have any experience with Crystal Space (and it doesn't come with any binaries), so I'll write down some generic comments. I'll do more testing when I find the time to play around with the engine, what I see from the website looks very cool...

- I like the way you included the show-once about-box into the plugin itself.

- I also really like the onhint information for the different parts of the GUI, very helpful.

- From the license text: "Such distribution includes only the original installer supplied by LIONCode. You may not alter, delete or add any files in the distribution installer". Unless you actually plan to distribute the final version of the exporter through an installer (as opposed to the .zip file you currently distribute), you might want to cut this out.

- I can't create new folders from the folder selection dialog, this feels a bit inconvenient (especially because the folder structure is cached, so I have to restart the plugin if I want to refresh). If this is because in a crystal Space setup you'll always have premade folders, then forget about this remark (I'm a Crystal Space noob).

- Whenever I start the plugin, my A: (floppy drive) starts making noise for a second or two. I am guessing the drive/folder selection dialog is to blame, and it's not a big deal, but it's non-standard behaviour and a bit annoying.

- I registered a Bug Tracker account. However, after I clicked the activation link I recieved through e-mail, I got a Content Not Found page. Don't know if it is related to Bugs or Typo3, but anyway... I can't activate my account.

Most of these are minor details (except for the bug tracker account), so feel to ignore my ramblings. Let's see what more experienced Crystal Space users have to say about it!
LIONCode
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Very slick preview release, great job!

Thanks Smile

Quote:
- From the license text: "Such distribution includes only the original installer supplied by LIONCode. You may not alter, delete or add any files in the distribution installer". Unless you actually plan to distribute the final version of the exporter through an installer (as opposed to the .zip file you currently distribute), you might want to cut this out.

It is going to be in an installer, but did not have enough time to do that for the preview. Next version will have a nice installer.

Quote:
I can't create new folders from the folder selection dialog, this feels a bit inconvenient (especially because the folder structure is cached, so I have to restart the plugin if I want to refresh). If this is because in a crystal Space setup you'll always have premade folders, then forget about this remark (I'm a Crystal Space noob).

Nothing to do with CrystalSpace, just a feature not implemented in the tree view. I've put it on my todo list.

Quote:
Whenever I start the plugin, my A: (floppy drive) starts making noise for a second or two. I am guessing the drive/folder selection dialog is to blame, and it's not a big deal, but it's non-standard behaviour and a bit annoying.

I am glad i did this preview Smile I work on a notebook without any A: or B: drive so it did not occur to me. Will be gone in the next version.

Quote:
I registered a Bug Tracker account. However, after I clicked the activation link I recieved through e-mail, I got a Content Not Found page. Don't know if it is related to Bugs or Typo3, but anyway... I can't activate my account.

I have activated your account manually. I will look into the activation link to fix it for others.

EDIT: Fixed now. The link was missing a '/'. Thanks for catching this.

Quote:
Most of these are minor details (except for the bug tracker account), so feel to ignore my ramblings. Let's see what more experienced Crystal Space users have to say about it!

I am very happy with any comments you have. This can only make the final exporter better.

Greetings,

Dennis[/b]

Last edited by LIONCode on Wed May 02, 2007 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
LIONCode
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are very interested if somebody from the DeleD community has actually used our exporter to CrystalSpace. Our goal is to update the exporter according to the wishes and findings of the people that actually are using or want to use it.

Just post your thoughts as a reply to this posting.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: