Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poser plugin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoulders

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: poser plugin Reply with quote

Are there any plans for a poser plugin?

I'm trying to use deled to make new clothes for poser charecters, and have to use the obj plugins to move models from one to the other but scale is a right pain in the backside. import an obj from poser to deled and it comes out tiny, and i mean very tiny, so i scale it up to work on it then scale backdown for export but i just cant seam to get the scaling right. I end up back in poser with somthing way to big, or tiny again and sometimes the x, y and z scales all become different so the object is totaly wrong. Rolling Eyes

Can anyone help Question
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame poser for using unnecessarily small units in their app. Best bet is to remember the exact number you used to scale it up, and then use the same number to scale it back down.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 unit == 1 meter is very common in games.
I would blame DeleD that thinks that 1 unit is something tiny :-) (This is a hold-over from the Quake era, when integer units were the minimum quanta possible)

A better solution is to provide scaling factors in the importer and exporter. I always put that into any exporters I write, and I recommend any other exporter writers do the same.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwatte wrote:
1 unit == 1 meter is very common in games.
I would blame DeleD that thinks that 1 unit is something tiny Smile (This is a hold-over from the Quake era, when integer units were the minimum quanta possible)
Poser figures are like 0.0000001 units tall. You scan scale them by several thousand x and still just see a white dot where you imported it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: