Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export to 3DS Max
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
It all depends on your playing field. When playing with the big boys, sure, collada all the way. If on the other hand you stick with budget tools and engines, like many indie game developers do, I can't say I agree. Collada support is really bad in most cases (Blender being the notable exception).

I can attest to that, Blender can be really damn powerful, but its like an angry red-headed child that steps on your toes if you try to get close to it.

Speaking of exporting to 3DS using collada, for me Ive had no real problem with it back and forth save one - it seems if I export a model made in DeleD to collada then open it up in 3ds, then export it to collada again, it doesn't work with the multiverse conversion tool (related to another thread in the plugin forum...). Most likely because the collada file from deleD acts funky with the MV conversion tool from the get go.

So goes my attempt at making a work around for those pesky collisiom volumes Laughing
Nickz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Paul, thanks for releasing an update so fast! I can import map files perfectly now. However, there seems to be a problem with the collada export. I have a map with all jpg's and once I export and import to 3DS Max through the collada exporter, all textures in 3DS Max appear upside down! Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Nick
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... sounds like a problem with the UV coordinates. I'm assuming the 3DS collada support is flawless, so we better fix our exporter then. Smile

As a workaround, you can pre-rotate all textures inside DeleD before exporting:
1. Select all objects (ctrl-a)
2. Go into face mode, select all faces (f, ctrl-a)
3. Edit command rotate, 180 degrees, ok.

If the textures are not rotated but flipped, you can probably use the 'flip' command at step 3.
Nickz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! Rotating won't work since the textures are mirrored upside down. Flipping at first seemed to work but a weird thing happened. While most of the textures got flipped correctly, there was one texture that got rotated instead!

Nick
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: