Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what does this mean?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: what does this mean? Reply with quote

when i try to export my scene i get the error:

missing texture node for texture type layer???

i get i both in b3d exporter and X exporter(haven't tried the others.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a bug, it means there is a material in there with a texture layer but no actual texture (something that should never happen, it's an unexpected semantic bug in the .DXS file). Could you send me the DXS so I can take a look (don't need the textures, just the file)?

As a first try, you could try stripping the lightmaps (Edit -> Remove Lightmaps), perhaps it is an issue with some lightmap.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i removed the lightmap and it now worked so it has something to do with the lightmaps.

i send the scene to "admin [removed rest of email to prevent even more spam hitting us than it currently does Wink ]". It is the forest i showed in the screenshots of el ementrix (the large one) so it's quite a big file.

EDIT: i didn't send it yet but do you still need it now the error has something to do with the lightmaps?

or can it be that it is because the lightmaps are 1024x1024 pixels??
i will post an unpdate when i know if it has to do with the size.

NOPE the size of the lightmap is now 512x512 and still i get the error.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know it's somehow lightmap related. Could you please send the file to paul [at] delgine [dot] com? (admin is handled by Jeroen, and I happen to know he is not available today).

The exporters are probably over-sensitive to some oddity inside the .dxs, but as it's quite a showstopper it's important we figure out what is going on.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to get these files to me!

Here is the deal (it's a bit complex, so I'll explain in detail):
1. Some of your materials contain a lightmap with just a color, in stead of a texture. This is usually caused by a 'lightmap not found' during loading, DeleD just uses a bright white color in stead.

2. Usually, regenerating the lightmap gets rid of these lightmaps. However, some of these materials are unused, and regenerating lightmaps does not touch unused materials.

3. Still no real problems thus far, but here comes the catch: our plugin framework (the base of both the .X and B3D exporter) used to raise an error when it encountered a color lightmap (the exact error you encountered).

Now for the good news:

I) As our plugin framework no longer does this (got fixed last month), really recent builds of the exporters should no longer suffer from the problem you mention. So if one of the exporters really bothers you, bug me and Jeroen to put up a new build and everything should be fine.

II) If you first remove all lightmaps the lightmaps on the unused materials get stripped as well. If you then regenerate them, things should work properly. Worked for me.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
II) If you first remove all lightmaps the lightmaps on the unused materials get stripped as well. If you then regenerate them, things should work properly. Worked for me.

i'll try that Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: