Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geo Control : Terrain generator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comtois

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Geo Control : Terrain generator Reply with quote

A great tool , compiled with PureBasic Smile

http://www.cajomi.de/GeoControl/geocontrol_news.htm

Quote:
GeoControl 1 is completly coded in PB (only 800 lines Api) and commercial.
PS about 35000 lines.

I dont know for GeoControl 2.

Nice video
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit of additional information:
1. It has a time-limited (fully functional) demo version
2. Full version costs 59 Euro
Comtois

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found more infos on the forum.

Quote:
1. What is the price of GeoControl v2?
2. When it will be released?
3. Are you planning a beta testing session with users?
4. There a list of plugins/filters/presets, availables for version 2, that you can publish in this forum?
5. There will be a more comprehensive documentation (with examples and tutorials) with new product?

So here are the answers:

to 1. The price will be around 89-99 €. In general here at GeoControl longer users of GeoControl are in advantage. That means, they get a discount to the update of about 10%. Long I will define as longer than two months. So, I will set a date, up from that, new purchasers of GeoControl 1 will get no discount. This is quit opposite to the sales of other companies, but I think it is much more fair, than to give discounts to newcomers, while long users get none.

to 2 It is really early to say a release date, but in the first half of 2007.

to 3 Testing is in phases: First, professional and semi professionals in film and game production and archviz. This will be to add features for this group.
Then more general alpha testing, for additional features, which are of common interest, for example "displace" filters.
At least a wider beta testing (no special offer then for the beta testers) for final stability. I will anounce the second and third phase here, for invinting. The first phase are handselected users.

to 4 Because of the special architecture of GeoControl there are no plugins. The presets will all be in a new format and not compatible with version 1. But you will be able to load old presets with version 2. Sorry for that, but verson 2 will be powered with so much more possibilities, that the old formats can not hold the informations needed.

to 5 I had spend really much time and work in the documentation, and so I think, it will be more in that style. The docu is a very time-intensive work, and making a really great one, would rise the price. I am still hoping, that this forum will be a place, where you get the informations you need. But at all and at time, it looks like GeoControl is easy enouhg to use, after a relative short learning time, that there is no much interest in tuts.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half of 2007 was 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaark wrote:
First half of 2007 was 2 months ago.

Yes, you will have to wait until end of september Smile

http://www.cajomi.de/Forum/showthread.php?p=2051#post2051
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: