Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genesis Device Ingame Models

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seriva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Genesis Device Ingame Models Reply with quote

A model I made in DelED for a map using my engine Genesis Device.

DelED screen:

Ingame screens (gallery 5):
http://www.genesisdevice.net/media.html
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those in-game shots sure look great!

Two remarks (that you should probably ignore, I have no aesthetic sense whatsoever)
1. Things look a little bit... repetitive with the 100% exact windows. Perhaps a bit of variation in the wall texture (like the grafitti and dirt decals in Counterstrike source and other military games) would improve the model even further.
2. From the 2D views in the DeleD screenshot it looks like the roof has a gazillion polygons.... then again, that's probably just the support beams geometry getting in the way, right?
seriva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I`m a programmer and not a modeller:). Made this in an hour to test the importer for deled:). I have 2 modellers creating models for the demo map. One uses deled and on uses 3dmax, so feature models will probebly look nicer:D. The roof looks this way because it indeed has a lot of polys. Not a gazillion Surprised but about 1500. The engine is being written for latest generation hardware (Geforce 6600 as a minimum) so 1500 polys realy isnt a big deal:)
ally
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your engine looks brilliant, I'm both impressed and jealous! Nice work.

I can't comment much on the model it's better than anything I've done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: