Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

collada FBX Exporter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: collada FBX Exporter Reply with quote

I want to ask if it would be possible create a Collada FBX export plugin, seen that many Game engines uses this type of files.

Thank you
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is possible.
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: plugins Reply with quote

Hi Jon!!

Are you the author of the plugin nuxporter? if yes I want to ask you a favor, if you could modify the plugin that it could export the model created with deled, one with the lightmaps, and one with the texture, the same model, but export him two times one textured, and one lightmapped. Very Happy Very Happy
However nuxporter I finds it very useful especially for the engine that support 2 UV sets. Cool Cool Cool

Thank you.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poseidon, may i ask you what exactly you try to do?
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: plugins Reply with quote

Hi Grandmaster, do you know 3dgamestudio? well I am working with this engine, and I search a program like Deled, that is able to create lightmap on the model and exporting it, but because that Wed (the world editor) or Med (Model editor) not supporting models with two UV sets of materials (lightmap + texture) then I`m trying to ask to anybody
if is possible to create a plugin for deled that could export two types of model of one model,
one model that contains ONLY the lightmap, and an other model that contains ONLY the texture,
but always of the same model. So we could use a plugin created from a 3dGs user, for have the desired effect in 3dGs. Understood? Wink

greet..
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.frecle.net - gile[s] support this

www.ambiera.com - irrEdit support this too, but it could be that your engine doesn't support the fileformats (xml, dae, irrmesh, irr) but you can check in future if there are more export formats aviable. irrEdit even loads old DeleD *.dmf files.
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturn thank you for the help, but because I must buy other programs, for have a function that I know very well that could be implemented also in DeleD?, creating a new plugin or modifyng Deled, However for what is written in the forecast of 3DGS, that in future 3dgs will be able to import FBX files, but for as I know this could last months also or years!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

greet
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you import models into 3DGS do they work as levels? I mean does collision detection and occlusion culling work? Or dont you need them?
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model imported in Gamestudio, could work as level or as object, you could create an entire level with, but they wont be effected from the dynamic lighting from the engine, only Block entity will be effected from dynamic lighting, and the model show up without shadowed sides.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does Gamestudio not support static lightmaps, only its internal dynamic lighting even for worlds?

Is the model then converted to a world somehow? Or do you just have a bunch of models in your game?
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll make that change, though, because it sounds somewhat specific to that need, and would be annoying to integrate into the current exporter code flow.

I can mention that the code is open source, though, so you can easily make that modification yourself if you want :-)
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon!

Ok, We will take a look in the code, where can i download the source files?

greet.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nuxporter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: