Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatibility with Wiz8editor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qusari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Compatibility with Wiz8editor Reply with quote

Hi all

I am very new here, I just tested some things with Delgine, I am modding a little bit Wizardy 8 and since it is quit an old game and uses low poly models I was not able to import any good looking models into it for weeks.

Importing new models for wiz8 is a new approach, and has not been done before.

But now it seems I found the ultimate solution Smile Guess what it is ?!

Here 2 images: The missing textures are not an issue, they have to be copyed around a little bit, after cleaning up everything should be fine.

I am extremly pleased to have found the delgine and the models, finally something I can import without screwing up.... you have a new fan here.

I am off to holiday I will be back in around 10 days

greetings Qusari

Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to these forums!

Second of all... that's pretty darn cool, thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool indeed! I can see Mr. Fletcher's castle right there! Very Happy
Qusari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Here a small update, I implemented the warehouse and the castle from the lite version into the mod....after releasing the v1 of the mod I hope to have time to construct my own stuff with delgine.

Of course I will give credits to to delgine and the modeller .... I know that Mr. Fletcher did the castle......who did the warehouse ?

The images are from ingame

Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you've got things working! I believe the warehouse came from Granada. Smile Am I right, Dave?
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The texture is upside-down and it looks like there's something wrong with the one tower which the mouse cursor points to?
Qusari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mr Fletcher

Good eye ! You are right. There are more such small errors. It comes because I export it with the wavefront plugin to obj and then resave it to 3ds. And then import the 3ds into the Wiz8editor. Probably every step is a source of error. The Wiz8editor produces also errors by importing, it can not read every 3ds format properly.

All in all the models from the lite version import really good. That are the models with the fewest errors at the end. So I am extremly satisfied at the end. Some little errors can be corrected within the editor.....others .....
have to be ignored.

After importing the model there are many more steps needed till the new enviroment is playable within the game.
Yesterday I repeated the process around 4x times and only after hours of blood sweat and tears I got the new models running....

For me the models is great as it is..Smile
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qusari wrote:
@Mr Fletcher

Good eye ! You are right. There are more such small errors. It comes because I export it with the wavefront plugin to obj and then resave it to 3ds. And then import the 3ds into the Wiz8editor. Probably every step is a source of error. The Wiz8editor produces also errors by importing, it can not read every 3ds format properly.

All in all the models from the lite version import really good. That are the models with the fewest errors at the end. So I am extremly satisfied at the end. Some little errors can be corrected within the editor.....others .....
have to be ignored.

After importing the model there are many more steps needed till the new enviroment is playable within the game.
Yesterday I repeated the process around 4x times and only after hours of blood sweat and tears I got the new models running....

For me the models is great as it is..Smile

Where do you export the 3ds from? Just curious (imo pity we dont have a 3ds exporter... Very Happy).

Edit: This is why I also like an all-in-one package, you are certainly bound to get things messed up by going through several formats like that in the pipeline (although this is more of a, no clear cut deled export).
Qusari

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use

http://www.anim8or.com/
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good to see you've got things working! I believe the warehouse came from Granada. Am I right, Dave?

That was a long time ago Wink .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Qusari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I released the mod for Wizardry 8 around 4 months ago. The models from delgine helped alot for the creation of new locations so again many thanks for that.

@Mr. Fletcher you were right the textures on the Castle Neuschwanenstein were indeed mirrored top down. I realised it only later that they were mirrored during the importing process, so those were corrected.

As next I would like to create a dungeon system according to the dungeon tutorial........well did not get far yet since I am a bloody amateur in creating 3d stuff......I was almost already stuck on the first step...well If I have questions I will post in that thread directly.

But I have a question now:

Is there an easy way to create a terrain mesh in delgine ? The wiz8 editor allows importing of bmp heightmap images but getting a heightmap which yields a useful terrain seems to be generally rather tricky ?

Or are there ways to control the process ? Has someone experience with importing heightmaps and creating a terrian mesh out of it ?

As mentioned above is there an easy way to create an outdoor terrain mesh with delgine ? Some tricky thing like the dungeon tutorial ? Only limitations I have at the moment is that the mesh should not have more than 9000 faces......

thanks for any hints in this direction.
Qusari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic version of

http://www.world-machine.com/download.html

is free, creating of heightmpas is much easier and gives better more useful heightmaps than for instance the hme editor.

I will stick to the worldmachine for heightmap generation.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a mighty fine editor to me!
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qusari wrote:
The basic version of

http://www.world-machine.com/download.html

is free, creating of heightmpas is much easier and gives better more useful heightmaps than for instance the hme editor.

I will stick to the worldmachine for heightmap generation.

513 X 513 is an odd number.
The website doesn't say .... err.... does it output 8 bit? 16 bit? (sorry, couldn't find the right word to discribe)
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Qusari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 513 x 513 is on purpose ... thats all I know. I have seen this discussed in a thread on www.ogre3d.org .... has to do with special engine paramters..whatever ¦@#°€§¬´¢|¬§§ !!

It is saved as 24-Bit bmp
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: