Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real-Time Strategy - Seeking military enthusiast modelers.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Zoop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Real-Time Strategy - Seeking military enthusiast modelers. Reply with quote

Hey everyone. This is a restart of my previous thread, now that I know what the game is.

===The Game===

I have decided what our next game will be. It is still a real-time strategy of sorts, but of a much more epic level. The closest you can relate it to is Empire Earth during the World War I to World War II era, appearance-wise. I will not disclose any further details than that publicly.

===What Needs to be Modeled===

The requirements for vehicles and such remain similar to my previous thread, except for the time era. I require World War I to World War II era infantry and vehicles of the following varieties:

1. Rifleman (anti-infantry).
2. Anti-tank soldier.
3. (Low Priority) Anti-air soldier.

4. Light Tank (anti-infantry tank).
5. Heavy Tank (anti-tank tank).
6. Anti-air Tank (flak half-track).
7. Mobile artillery.

8. Fighter plane (anti-air).
9. Bomber.

10. Submarine.
11. Destroyer (anti-naval focus, smaller cannons and depth charge for knocking out subs).
12. Cruiser (anti-air focus, like flak cannons).
13. Battleship (anti-ground focus, like huge bombardment cannons).

===Look and Creative Control===

The units should have a realistic look, but do not need to be incredibly detailed. There will be hundreds of units on the screen at any time. They can be low poly.

You may be creative here, as long as it fits the technological era and they are tactically feasible. (No pink tanks that shoot dwarves please!)

===Help Out ZoopTEK!===

Each individual unit is not should not be huge time commitment. Anyone is welcome to help out!

If you are interested in helping ZoopTEK with this project, please respond to these forums or e-mail me at zooptek@zooptek.net. I can be more accommodating with general game information, if interested, in e-mail.

===Getting Started===

If you like vehicles, start with a light or heavy tank.

If you like modeling people, start with a rifleman.

===Thanks!===

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Zoop
ZoopTEK

Last edited by Dr. Zoop on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so, it's WW1 now. That's slightly more interesting, for I have some kind of steam punk fetish. Is the game based on real history? I'd imagine it to be very cool to have some kind of light steampunk / fantasy elements in it, but that's probably just me.
Dr. Zoop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had two different RTSs on the table a month or so ago. The first was the sci-fi, more action-oriented one. We thought we were going to head that direction first, hence the post on the forums here, but then after some careful planning, we decided that this deeper strategic RTS was more suitable at this time.

I sent you an e-mail Fletcher explaining more details about the game, since you already voiced an interest.

The game is not based on real history, just the technological era of World War I to World War II. So, yes you can invent your own vehicles, even include a little steam punk, as long as it looks feasible and tactically sound, and fits the unit's role, as described above. (So, no pink tanks with that shoots dwarves...)

I would say the easiest vehicle to start out with, as previously, would be the light or heavy tank. Or, if someone likes modeling people, the rifleman. Post here and I will post some constructive critiques.

Feel free to post more questions, and thank you for your interest!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: