Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My game ideas
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: My game ideas Reply with quote

Hello folks using DeleD !

After playing one of the good old MMO's i retired from virtuality to put some ideas into an illustrated form. So i looked out for some new software to create a world, where i can show, what i am missing in those MMO's.
From the start: I don't wanted to create my own MMO by myself. That's impossible. It's absolute too much work for a soloist. Anyone who ist even thinking about that - forget it!
Meanwhile, after a year of thinking, playing around, testing software, sketching houses, plans, characters, a background story and quests, calculating loot & level, designing interfaces, and lots of work ahead, i think it's time to share my ideas with you. What i want to create in the next month, is a merely interactive walk-through-my-ideas. Just to show, in the best case, some programmers/producers, what maybe done in an upcoming MMo.

First, on the "human" side, there is a small city:

The Humans built a nice little, but fortified town, called Meynheim.
Here is a picture of a market-day.

People in Meynheim are working and trading people. Here you see some shops (right)
and the school and the university (left) where to learn the "abilities".

Left side the "hotel", in the middle the tavern, in the background you see the barracks of the city-guard, in the right stands the guild-hall.

Looking through ancient arcs towards the "tower of the mages". On the right
you see the "hospital" - where you start after dying ingame.

Of coure there is an "outside" the town. Here is a forest growing,
and in the distance you see a ruin, wich is at night a frightening place.

What makes a city bring to life, is much work to do.
OK, these fish are fresh, but not alive.

"inhouse" scenes are much easyer - and better in quality.
Outside i use "Feeworld 2.0" for arranging meshes in the terrain,
with not so good lighting techniques. I hope, DeleD will do this one day better.

At last i show a verry little choice of 3D-artwork, i have done yet until today
to bring my ideas for future-MMO's to visible state.

Millions of polygons have
still to been made, before my vision become visuable. But working with DeleD makes "fun at work". What better can you say about a piece of software.
If someone is interested in some of my models, please tell it to me. I will give it for free !

Last edited by harper on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked This looks terrific!!! Very Happy

I definately like the atmosphere you put in this world. I have to ask: which models where made with DeleD? Also, can we use some of your pictures for our gallery (of course, only the stuff that has been made with DeleD)???

Keep up the good work - this is really good stuff! Cool
harper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL of the 3D-Models are made with DeleD, of course ! And if you find something interesting, i will send you higher detailed pictures of any objects.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking totally awesome. It really shows your modelling skills and the capabilities of DeleD. Very Happy

You even made a man and a woman. I think you're the first to make human models with DeleD. Shocked

Keep it up. Would like to see more!
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definately like to see all of this in more detail. Very Happy But at least the Tower of Mages, the university, the pottery and the old man. Excellent work that really stands out, I think.

I'm amazed by the texturing. I know DeleD's current UV mapping capabilities lack features but these example here are simply amazing. Shocked Or did you use another program for texturing (which is totally understandable)?
MeinenM
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply astounding artwork! You have made these scenes really well. This really shows what you can do with DeleD and lots of time Very Happy.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i allways say, you can do what you like with DeLeD Very Happy .Very nice work.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. Is all of this in freeworld or do you have an game engine setup, etc?
harper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Game engine ? Reply with quote

No, i have looked around for a suitable game engine, but found no one easy enough for me. So i put all objects im my terrain-modelling software called Freeworld 2.0. It's buggy and lo longer supported by its creator, but its what i needed. It has a poor litte lighting, and does only a kind of pseudo-lighting on the meshes.
On the other hand Freeworld is able to export the complete world to ogre. It would be cool, if anyone has a precompiled ogre, where i can load my world in to navigate a bit around - or something similar.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Game engine ? Reply with quote

harper wrote:
No, i have looked around for a suitable game engine, but found no one easy enough for me. So i put all objects im my terrain-modelling software called Freeworld 2.0. It's buggy and lo longer supported by its creator, but its what i needed. It has a poor litte lighting, and does only a kind of pseudo-lighting on the meshes.
On the other hand Freeworld is able to export the complete world to ogre. It would be cool, if anyone has a precompiled ogre, where i can load my world in to navigate a bit around - or something similar.

I'm sure there's something like that out there. Though it can be a bit tough if you don't have much programming experience I guess.

Anyways, for freeworld I'm impressed. I never did have the patience to tinker much with that editor.
paul_nicholls
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi harper,
I love your models and artwork...great job! Smile

cheers,
Paul

Hi ho...hi ho...it's off 3d modeling I go...
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Game engine ? Reply with quote

harper wrote:

There's Blink 3D It was made using ogre, and I believe you can import your ogre scene into it. Clive Jackson made it/supports it, and his goal was to make everything drag/drop and click with lots of preset scripts. I was part of his original beta team, but haven't looked at it in a long time. It was great back then, I can only imagine how much better it is now.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
harper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Blink 3D Reply with quote

Okey, i give it (Blink 3D) a try - but 400 bucks for a private, non-profit-project, is a lot. Anyone more tipps of those ?
And - Thanx alot for all your positive response, DeleD-Users. That's what a lonesome developer needs ! Very Happy

And Jeroen asks: I'm amazed by the texturing. I know DeleD's current UV mapping capabilities lack features but these example here are simply amazing. Shocked Or did you use another program for texturing (which is totally understandable)?

No ? What is wrong with Deled's texturing tool? The "professor" is a very-low-polygon char. Here are details:

with blended poly's:

Ok, ther's a big difference between the face and the modelled hair and beard, but ist good enough for the story.

Last edited by harper on Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm amazed by the results of your work. Your model, with the limited number of polygons it contains, just looks terrific. I just don't see textured characters made entirely in DeleD that much because most people use DeleD for level-editing. So, excellent job there Harper! Very Happy

Did you try rigging this character so you can put it in different poses? I guess you will need weighted vertices for that to work properly if your model is in one piece. But if you give it separate arms & legs, this could work. Smile

Btw, I'd love to put that character in our gallery. Is that alright with you?
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man looks great. Very Happy

Did you make the texture yourself? Can you show it to us and tell us a little something about how you made it? There isn't much information about making textures like these and I'd love to learn how to make them. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: