Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subdivision blocks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Subdivision blocks Reply with quote

Hey, I was woundering if deled (free) had a way to subdision flat polys back into the grids again? I want to make the polygon on the left look like the one on the right... I could do it by hand but i'll be doing this to alot of polygons so I dont think time wise that be a good idea... If we cant, think we could have it in the next relase?
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9640/rgd.jpg
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do this by hand without much effort, just select two opposite edges of the big polygon and use the connect / split tool. If you use connect, then it'll generate more edges that you can connect too and so the subdivision will grow exponentially. Do the same with the other direction. Other than that, there's no way to do this afaik.
adr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so... took me over a week and still dont have any of it done sadly lol. Maybe we should have a way to do this? This would be lovely for anything do with with old fields and hills.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint: Just create a "grid" and use the magnet tool to make the hills. You can make a beautifull landscape in minutes. Smile
adr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint: Don't hit optimize any time soon...

Yea I know that... but that really doesn't help out much. I mean yea it simple---but what if the area is not a block in it self when you lay it out? It take a long time getting the lines to where you need em to match up where it could be done in secs... It also usefull to break other little things down.

Thats why the grid was never a good idea in my head, I mean you hit optimize to get something you did looking ok and boom the other points are lost.... now you have to start all over with the model.. (dont take in redo/undo, i'm talking about like in the future edits on models where you closed deled out all ready).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: