Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tank Commander Design Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Tank Commander Design Project Reply with quote

I guess this sorta qualifies, as about 2 of the 8 models shown in the following demo were created in DeleD, although one had its collision volumes defined in deled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4hNHLJvMM

It's not much of a game, nor are there very fancy effects. It's for a design project class I had this semester (we presented the above earlier today actually). Most of the body of work was the engine itself, which is a scenegraph engine built ontop of the XNA framework. The engine design and implementation was largely my doing on the project, there's still a lot of work that still needs doing though.

A part of the team I worked with will be carrying the project (the actual game that is) over for another class next semester, and as for the engine, it's something I plan to develop a lot further in my spare time too.

As with jMonkey engine in the past, I hope to do some work possibly integrating DeleD more into the art pipeline, not just for models (as the .X exporters do just fine) but for tagging entities and such. DeleD's always been my modeler of choice heh.

Edit: At the end, when we go to the ending screen we won, it does it rather abruptly before the model gets taken out of the scene Wink. Also I noticed, the actual demo we showed had some last minute sound effects, so it wasn't as monotonous (there were a few others other than that metal explosion).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: