Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD CE 2.42 Beta -> Testers needed!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: DeleD CE 2.42 Beta -> Testers needed! Reply with quote

DeleD 2.42 Beta Released

Both the installer and the update executable of the upcoming DeleD 2.42 have been released (changelog below). This new version will be released in a week, on February 15. You'll find the files here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/deled/files/beta

Testers needed

The plan is to take DeleD into a 3-week release cycle. This means there will be a new beta every 3 weeks. What we need is brave people willing to give these betas a spin, making the world a safer place for those who prefer to wait for the main release. You might want to save your work just a little more often in the process, but in general the betas should be perfectly safe, and you'll enjoy the privilege of working on the bleeding edge of progress.

I you are willing to help us test the new version, simply download the beta from the location mentioned above, and keep your eyes open for stuff that might go wrong... especially with the recent changes mentioned in the changelog.

Changelog

Added functionality
- Added link to Wiki to the Info menu. (Nocturn)
- Implemented specific move dialog for polygons. The old dialog didn't make much sense and resulted in errors when used on polygons. (Fik)
- The 3D view now offers so-called turn-table rotation, rotating the view around the center point of the selected primitive. See here (link to doc in wiki needed!) for documentation. (Paul Nicholls)
- A Path primitive has been added. This type of primitive is especially powerful when combined with the Lathe tool (Cool screenshot needed!). (Paul Nicholls).

Fixes
- Screenshot resolution no longer always defaults to window dimensions. (Chronozphere)
- Merging polygons no longer results in an occasional Access Violation / Driver Error. (Chronozphere)
- Merging polygons now removes any redundant (colinear) vertices. (Chronozphere)
- Moving multiple selected faces (i.e. sets of UV coordinates) in Face Mode now actually moves all the faces and not just the first selected (Fik).
- Merging primitives will maintain their UV coordinates (in stead of regenerating them). (Chronozphere)
- Using the polygon inset tool will maintain UV coordinates (in stead of regenerating them). (Chronozphere)
- The loading progress indicator no longer blocks the application after closing, when DeleD is build on some recent Delphi versions. This fix should only affect developers. (Chronozphere)

Changes
- The dialog confirming the location where screenshots were saved has been removed.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Im testing...

How can i enable turn-table viewport rotation?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, and good question!

Quote:
INSTRUCTIONS
--------------------------
Use CTRL+ALT+right mouse drag left/right in 3d view window to rotate
around y-axis.

If no objects are selected, then the y-axis is the world origin, but if 1
or more objects is selected, then the first selected object is used as the
location of the y-axis to rotate around.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I will give it a try when I have some time. Smile

@Testers:
Please test the Merge and Inset tools thoroughly as they had a bit of a face-lift. Very Happy

@Paul-Jan:
I see you have comitted my latest refactor patch. It removed the TPrimitiveScalePolygonByDeltaVectorFunction which was actually still used by the inset tool. After my inset patch, this dependancy is removed.
I hope this didn't cause troubles while compiling.. Embarassed

To test whether the refactor patch didn't break anything, please try the face rotate and scale tools. Smile
moraldi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using DeleD as my world editor in my current project. I am downloading right now.
BTW: The most interesting is the turn-table rotation functionality

EDIT: I can't find information in WIKI on how to use the turn-table rotation functionality. Where should I post the bug(s) I may find;
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chronozphere: Your comment at the patch already made that perfectly clear, didn't take me long to figure out the combo with your other patch was a nice working solution. Well done and no worries! Smile

@Moraldi: Thanks for testing! The wiki documentation will be updated between now and the actual release. You can even do it yourself if you feel like it, that's why we use a Wiki...

Any test results you have can be posted in this thread or in a seperate thread if you think that might be more appropriate (for example, when you expect to start a discussion Smile). We (i.e. the developers and other contributors) will inventory things together and prioritize based on error reports.
moraldi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul-Jan,
This is not actually a bug (but it could lead to a new one):
1. Create a cube.
2. In the 3D view, select the 'Move' command from the Geometry toolbox.
4. Select the cube object you've created in step one.
5. Move it along one of the 3 axes using the 3D gizmo.
6. With the gizmo visible try to make a rectangular selection having the Shift button pressed.
Continued in your monitor...
adr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4107

but I seem to still have problems using the Extract tool. Its random ish, but its still crashing out the drivers and deled when the error happens.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to give feedback on the turn-table rotation.

It works nice, but its restricted to Y-axis only, i hope its get extended Wink

However, i find it awkward to press the the right Alt- and Ctrl-keys plus the right mouse button to use this feature. Are there any plans to improve the mouse and keyboard layout? Or make it customizable? I would set the middle mouse button for turn-table for instance.
moraldi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, i find it awkward to press the the right Alt- and Ctrl-keys plus the right mouse button to use this feature. Are there any plans to improve the mouse and keyboard layout? Or make it customizable?

I agree...
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Or make it customizable?

I have plans to add a keyboard/mouse manager to DeleD. Don't expect this soon though.
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some last-minute testing and it appeared that not all redundant vertices are removed when merging. aargh Mad

1. Create grid
2. Select haf the grid (polygons)
3. Move them up or down
4. Select all polygons and merge

I allready tried some things, but I was unable to come up with a quick fix. This needs some thought... Confused

Also, I noticed that the UV's after an inset-operation weren't always right (They are in 95% of all cases). Couldn't reproduce the error. I guess I'll leave it, until someone finds a reproduction path.
Dragonsbrethren

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting an AV/driver crash when using the extrude tool with this version, similar to the ones I had been getting with Extract and Merge:

Insert a cube
Flip all of the polygons in the cube (not sure if this is nesssary)
Select a polygon, extrude it.
Cancel selection.
Select that polygon again.
paul_nicholls
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandmaster B wrote:
I want to give feedback on the turn-table rotation.

It works nice, but its restricted to Y-axis only, i hope its get extended Wink

However, i find it awkward to press the the right Alt- and Ctrl-keys plus the right mouse button to use this feature. Are there any plans to improve the mouse and keyboard layout? Or make it customizable? I would set the middle mouse button for turn-table for instance.

Hi Grandmaster B,
I DO have plans for extending the turn-table rotation to include other axis too, but haven't figured out that part yet Smile

Are you trying to press the Alt and Ctrl keys on the right hand side of the keyboard for this?

This SEEMS to be what you are saying...

If so, you can use any Alt and Ctrl key to do this, I use the left hand Ctrl + Alt keys and right-mouse drag for this...seems fairly natural to me.

I'm already using my left hand to press other hot keys so this works for me...

I hope this helps, and thanks for testing!

cheers,
Paul

Hi ho...hi ho...it's off 3d modeling I go...
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I'm getting an AV/driver crash when using the extrude tool with this version, similar to the ones I had been getting with Extract and Merge:

Insert a cube
Flip all of the polygons in the cube (not sure if this is nesssary)
Select a polygon, extrude it.
Cancel selection.
Select that polygon again.

Can't reproduce it here. Could you try this again and pay attention to the polygon that is being higlighted (when you move your mouse over them)?
Polygon Highlighting tends to cause AV's in some situations.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: