Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD Lite - textures are not exported

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: DeleD Lite - textures are not exported Reply with quote

Hi,
first of all, my sincere congratulation for such a nice piece of code. DeleD is quite impressive !

Now my question. I'm evaluating DeleD, that's why I'm using the Lite version. I'm using Blitz3D.

I open a scene in DeleD - for example, the castle, or the Warehouse.
The B3D plugin exporter asks me for a .B3D file, and a directory, where to put the model textures.

After the export, only the .B3D is exported, not the textures. Even in the previously choosen directory, there are no textures exported.

When I load the .B3D file from within B3D, the model is completely white - no texture at all. I have to manually copy all the textures in the same directory where the model resides, in order to see them.

Some questions:
- is this a limitation of the Lite version, or is it a bug ?
- how can I see, in DeleD, which texture has been choosen for each single object ?

Thanks for your attention,
Sergio.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: DeleD Lite - textures are not exported Reply with quote

semar wrote:

Some questions:
- is this a limitation of the Lite version, or is it a bug ?
- how can I see, in DeleD, which texture has been choosen for each single object ?

1) I experienced no problems with that. You need to set the Texture folder to the folder where your B3D File is, also be sure to have the "Export Textures" check box activated.

2) You mean a view where you can check which texture is used by an object? This is not direct possible, but you can select Materials by faces (Selection -> Select Polygons by material).
semar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: DeleD Lite - textures are not exported Reply with quote

Thanks Nocturn for your reply.

Quote:
You need to set the Texture folder to the folder where your B3D File is .

I guess you're talking about the exporter window now, right ?
I've choosen another directory for the textures, but the textures are still not there after the export.

By the way, if I have to set the Texture folder to the same folder where the B3D file is, then I wonder why, in the B3D exporter, I have the option to input also the texture folder ? That confuses me.

Quote:
also be sure to have the "Export Textures" check box
activated

Again, I guess you're talking about the B3D exporter. I'll check that the "Export texture" check box is activated, but I'm quite sure it was.

Thanks,
Sergio.

Last edited by semar on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DeleD Lite - textures are not exported Reply with quote

semar wrote:
If I have to set the Texture folder to the folder where the B3D file is, then I wonder why I have the option to input also the texture folder ! Since it must be the same as the .B3D...

You can choose your path freely (except the DeleD Texture folder). But my guess was it's the same folder where you want your B3D file saved.
semar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but even if I choose another folder, the textures are still not saved there.

That puzzles me quite a bit, since, you said, the folder can be freely choosen.

Last edited by semar on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
semar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'export texture' is checked, I've set the texture directory as the same of the .B3D model, the textures are still not imported.

[EDIT] but if I uncheck the 'export texture categories in subfolders' checkbox then works.

Sergio.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for reporting that. When you had the "category subfolders" box checked, did those subfolders appear on disk?
semar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Cool, thanks for reporting that. When you had the "category subfolders" box checked, did those subfolders appear on disk?

Sadly not.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: