Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Upcoming binary release: February 15th.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Upcoming binary release: February 15th. Reply with quote

Because this is going to be our first (proper) binary release, we are taking a little more time than the 3-week standard we want to set for the future.

On monday the 8th of February, one week in advance, I'm freezing the source and creating binaries for the testers to play around with. During that week, only patches that concern bug found in the testing phase will be committed into the repository. This doesn't mean you can't still submit patches, by all means keep on going and we'll still review them whenver we can, they just won't be merged until after the 15th. If you have commit rights, please try to not commit stuff during that week. If this becomes a problem into the future we can make official trunk/branch splits for releases, but for now I'll assume this won't be necessary.

We still need to actually find testers. I'm hoping you/us (the developers) will download the binaries and give them a swing, but I'm also hoping to recruit some non-developers for this, as we could use the help Very Happy. Issues reporteed during the testing week will be split into "fix before release" (urgent/recently introduced) and "fix after release". The next release is only 3 weeks away, so "do not fix right now" is not as dramatic as it may sound... Wink

Ok, to recap:
- February 8: Test binaries on sourceforge, source is frozen.
- February 15: DeleD 2.42 CE goes live. Cheers!
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I'll try to submit a few more patches before the 8th. Wink

I can do some testing aswell. Smile
adr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you include what is new or fix for the tester to know what they should test for the most part. One of the things I hate about beta testing something was that they never told you what was new or fixs from the old version to the new so it was all a wild guess to test what and how.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Chronoz: Sweet.

@Adr: Yes, you are very right. Especially as we aim towards 3-week cycles testers will want to know what to focus on.

Basically, I'd expect a tester to (a) focus on what is mentioned in the changelog for the particular version they are testing, and (b) try and actually use the beta version in production (but with extra care and a lot of saving Very Happy) to root out possible stability issues early.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: