Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selection response

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Selection response Reply with quote

Hi, developers,
today i have a very tiny wish: the new auto-select-mode could be IMO improved, if when you shift-control-click the next object,
say a polygon, it stays in the auto-selection-color and you don't know if your click has been accepted
until you move the mouse a little bit. I would prefer that the colour changes just in that moment when the polygon is clicked.

Look at this picture: has the red-marked-poly got the click or not ?
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can be frustrating when you spend a long time selecting a group of faces, and think you have selected ones in the middle of a group of others, only to find out they aren't selected afterall. Sometimes this can be due to 'lag', especially in a complex model.

Maybe if the faces themselves were to change shade? Changing the edge colour would not help with ones surrounded by others selected.

I would like the resolution of the edges, when viewing a mesh in the UV editor, to remain fixed when I zoom out, sometimes the thickness of the lines can melt into one mass of red, making selection of large areas almost impossible.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

today i have a very tiny wish: the new auto-select-mode could be IMO improved, if when you shift-control-click the next object,
say a polygon, it stays in the auto-selection-color...

You might have misunderstood this feature. It's not "auto-selection". This is called polygon highlighting. It just marks the polygon under the mouse.

Would assigning a different color to this polygon help you?
Maybe making the lines thicker can be a sollution too.

We could also change the color of the surface of the "highlighted" polygon so it really stands out. Smile

I'm open for suggestions. Would probably be an easy fix, yes. Smile
case_ncty
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a fix can be to add a new color for a selected hilighted polygon

for exemple you can set bright red for hilight , blue for selected and yellow for selected highlighted polygon
harper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Polygom colour Reply with quote

Good idea, AWM Mars. Changing the color of the poylgon-face would be even better.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: