Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible importer for Metasequoia, (.mqo) files?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesterBoffo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Possible importer for Metasequoia, (.mqo) files? Reply with quote

Just checking in with you folks, I couldn't find much information in either the Wiki or search about supported imports.

For what it's worth, does DeleD do .ac (AC3D) importing also? I ask because the difference between .ac and .mqo files seems to be somewhat small and if someone is working on an .ac importer if they could see if there could be a way to add an .mqo importer to the .ac importer. I have a blender pythonscript that does an mqo to ac conversion in one step, if you think it could help with recompiling the importer.

Thanks
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use OBJ or X for interchanging? Here is a selection of additional import plugins for DeleD: http://www.delgine.com/plugins/viewPluginCategory.php?catid=39&catdesc=Importers
LesterBoffo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that can be done easily, but I'm not sure that all the material paths are imported when you export .obj out of Meta.

I guess .X is the one to export to, but I read somewhere that X. is fairly bit bloated and what Meta exports to is the text based .X format. I have a number of different material alpha, bump, ambiance and reflectivity channels I'd like to keep intact in this export/import process, and doing cross platform exports imports does drop these sometimes.
LesterBoffo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nuke double post*
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesterBoffo wrote:
Well that can be done easily, but I'm not sure that all the material paths are imported when you export .obj out of Meta.

I guess .X is the one to export to, but I read somewhere that X. is fairly bit bloated and what Meta exports to is the text based .X format. I have a number of different material alpha, bump, ambiance and reflectivity channels I'd like to keep intact in this export/import process, and doing cross platform exports imports does drop these sometimes.

I don't think you'll find a modeling program or format that will keep those settings. DeleD doesn't even support alpha, bump, ambiance and reflectivity channels. so you'll lose them on import anyway.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: