Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enhancement ? I am working on.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Enhancement ? I am working on. Reply with quote

I am working on standardising the input boxes for values on forms. Now some have up/down buttons, and some don't.
I have developed an extended Tedit box which can be set to allow just number values and includes up/down buttons. This is not a component that needs installing to Delphi, it just needs a normal Tedit box on the form (so saves a lot of work) and my unit added to "uses" and it extends normal Tedit and allows settings to be changed.
Personally I don't like up/down buttons, so I have added a feature that if editbox has focus with mouse over it, you can increase or decrease value with mouse wheel by a set amount and by holding either shift or ctrl will inc/dec by grid major/minor settings (not useful in all cases but nice in some:)).
I also intend to add an option in options screen to turn on/off all up/down controls of these edit boxes.
I also want to change some inputs to allow floating point numbers not just integers. New Tedit allows this but some forms and procedures need a lot of rewrite to allow this so may not be in first release.
Any thoughts welcome Very Happy
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.. DeleD could really benefit from some generic sollutions to generic problems. I allready thought about doing this, but I dont have experience with component Development in Delphi. Also, time is an issue.

Keep up the good work! Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work there fik! Can't wait to see this in place. Smile

chronozphere wrote:
Also, time is an issue.

Ah, now you know what PJ and I have been dealing with all those years: wanting to improve things and add new tools but lacking the time to do all the things we would like... Choices, choices... Wink It's great to see many of these things being picked up by other developers now, like standardized input boxes! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: