Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rulers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lascar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Rulers Reply with quote

Having only used DeleD for a month I am still getting to grips with the programme. Recently I have been involved in some detailed, delicate work and found myself wanting ruler's to be able to move vertices accurately.
As far as I can see this feature doesn't exist and as I keep having to put a ruler up to the screen it would be easier if this function was available within the programme.
Would it be possible?
ridwan sameer
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly do you mean by rulers?

Also PMed
Lascar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like in my Cad Programme, on the view window there is a ruler function that gives a scale, up the side and across the top.
It would allow accurate movement and placement of vertices. At the moment I have to guess at the scale/placement and if necessary put a ruler up to the screen to measure the distances.

Idea Just had a thought and checked. I could always change the settings on the grid (looks like they are changeable) .... possibly to a smaller scale?
I will give that a go and see if it does the trick.
ridwan sameer
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck mater... hope it works out for you
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can snap vertices to the grid if you want. Enable/Disable snapping by double clicking SNAP in the statusbar.

Also, you can give exact parameters when moving/rotating/scaling, in the properties panel at the bottom-right of your screen.

Finally, if you want to constrain your action to a single axis, you can use the move gizmo or the X, Y, Z, U, V toolbuttons in the toolbar.
Lascar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronozphere posted:
Also, you can give exact parameters when moving/rotating/scaling, in the properties panel at the bottom-right of your screen.

Yes, a remember using that when I first started learning DeleD but found it easier to drag on screen .... forgot about that function, now I can see a useful purpose for it.
Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: