Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spark Engine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've mentioned it before -

http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/srhonors_theses/134/

My university finally posted my thesis on their online collection, linked above. I don't think anyone will be that interested, and to be honest, it's a very boring read but it does correspond to the most complete written explanation of the systems in the engine.

On that topic, I'm in the process of switching gears. I'm moving off of XNA and onto SlimDX. SlimDX is basically a very thin C# wrapper for DirectX, as close as I can get using managed code. I felt I was going in a bit of a different direction than XNA and wanted complete control in regards to the rendering portion of the engine. That means I have to do a lot of grunt work though, but that's going to help in the long run.

I'm initially targeting DirectX10, but I'm redesigning the engine to support an abstract graphics interface. That way I can still target DX9, potentially even OpenGL (which I don't have plans to do so much, but DX9 definately) in the future.

Also, I've finally decided on going with "Tesla" as a new name :p
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention that I finally got my site for Tesla up and running:

www.tesla-engine.net

Smile

Still has a bit to go though.
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good.. Very Happy

I clicked eagerly to see what was on the website.. all leads to the first page.. will check back, when/as the links go live.

I am always amazed at what you guys do with code... I used to code a lot myself, being responsible for writing full blown Infrastructure Costing programme, Project Management Programme, Stock Control Programme, Joinery Costing and Planning Programme, combined with Material Ordering system add-on.
All that was until I suffered a condition that left me 100% unable to write a single line afterwards. So now I make a nuisance of myself, making models Very Happy

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
Looks very good.. Very Happy

I clicked eagerly to see what was on the website.. all leads to the first page.. will check back, when/as the links go live.

I am always amazed at what you guys do with code... I used to code a lot myself, being responsible for writing full blown Infrastructure Costing programme, Project Management Programme, Stock Control Programme, Joinery Costing and Planning Programme, combined with Material Ordering system add-on.
All that was until I suffered a condition that left me 100% unable to write a single line afterwards. So now I make a nuisance of myself, making models Very Happy

Yeah, as I said it's really only a blog at the moment (but hey, yesterday it wasn't even that). I haven't yet done much with the links (Half of them will be going off of wordpress anyways).

Don't be too impressed, it's word press and I used a theme as a base. Though I did do quite a bit of custom work in the background, mostly making the theme "my own" and hooking all the plugins to play nice with one another and the main theme's CSS.

If I was a web programmer, probably wouldn't take me nearly as long as it does...but I am getting better at using PHP and CSS. If I had to be a web developer, I don't think I would'nt have gone into computer science. But graphics and tool programming, I downright love.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with AWM, this looks very good and promising! Very Happy

Starnick wrote:

If I was a web programmer, probably wouldn't take me nearly as long as it does...but I am getting better at using PHP and CSS. If I had to be a web developer, I don't think I would'nt have gone into computer science.

I felt the same way for a long time but now I'm using C# and Silverlight. It's awesome really. But I wouldn't want to develop the web application we're developing now if I had to use ASP, PHP or the likes. Confused Laughing
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted some more today. I have a ton of topics, so I'm sure I can roll out some content pretty regularly for a while heh.

Today's two posts kinda remind me of the ongoing conversation over on the general community board.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I finally got the forum nicely integrated into the overall site. Also got a cool little sliding panel for your dashboard/login/register functionality that's consistent between the wordpress and phpbb3 sides.

I'm getting a lot more comfortable with php and css now heh
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to look like Home Smile

You certainly are confident in your knowledge and skills as a programmer. Excellent work.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: