Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Look For DeleD (DeleD 2.44 CE-M)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray_Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: New Look For DeleD (DeleD 2.44 CE-M) Reply with quote

Respected Comunity, recently unloaded from SVN source code for this editor. I must say that the authors have done considerable work, but the fact that this product is now available for Open Source with very, as big and bold plus. After sitting a little, I made minor adjustments to the editor, such as:
1) Add support for skins (AlphaSkins VCL Component) - Current Skin make like as SoftImage XSI Smile
2) Remove headers from the child windows (instead of heading out there now the panel with a button to maximize the window and return to its original state).
3) Some of the menu control child windows are now hidden (can not close the window or add another). Button Thiele interviews made to the toolbar from the right side.

Of course, there were small "glitches" - a window to create / edit scenes drag is not recommended, because for undocking and docking of an error (due to the skin, but have not found exactly where). The rest is sort of the same.

Screenshots below:

If the authors of the program will not mind, it would be possible to put this assembly in the SVN store.

PS. Sorry for my English - i'm from Kazakhstan

PPS. Bug with form to create / edit fixed a content - replace part of the corresponding controls on an alpha Controls the skin and cut off the skin to form - now docked as a form of appearance in the tent, but when undocked noticed that sometimes the skin is missing. However, it is a small "price" for a Good view of applications Wink
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool. I like the support for skins. Do note that some things don't fit with certain skins, like the status bar texts. But that's fixable, of course.

Btw one screenshot seems to be missing? Also, I don't understand the last sentence (the PPS). Can you explain?

Keep up the good work. Smile
Gray_Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
That's pretty cool. I like the support for skins. Do note that some things don't fit with certain skins, like the status bar texts. But that's fixable, of course.

Thank you. I myself like it when the final program looks more ... professionally or something, and support for skins is precisely because one of the things that creates this feeling - the feeling of quality work done. about some elements of the skin you're absolutely right - from more than 20 skins bundled deliveries, most came one that can be seen in the screenshots. At first I wanted to put the default skin a dark color, but alas, he has not approached, many of the elements looked just awful, and the editor of skins for some reason did not fit well. had to get out of what has been, so do not judge strictly. If anyone is interested, I can give the source code or binary:)

Jeroen wrote:
Btw one screenshot seems to be missing?

What exactly? I added 2 shots and both of them here (for me). Possible service fails images)

Jeroen wrote:
Also, I don't understand the last sentence (the PPS). Can you explain?

I just did not write another post, and added to the end as a post-postscript by the fact that an issue of docking windows I have corrected, but somewhat unusual way - compare the titles of the windows "Create/Edit" and "Scene" in the undocked mode (picture below). Window "Create/Edit" has no skin changes in undock mode. In the normal mode (when the window is "docked" to the PageControl, all components of the window displays of skin. It happened when the output glitch with docking windows in Skinned mode:)

AWM Mars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I see from the screen shots, is perhaps 2 additions. The repeating of the Materials Editor Icon from the top menu into the Materials viewport, giving the user 3 ways of getting to the same function, and the Enlarge/Shrink viewport, which I believe is already there, albeit not so refined perhaps.

Personally, I have all four (Materials, Create, Object and Scene) tabs in the same viewport, on the one side of the screen, giving me more working space. I am all for a uncluttered working space, that includes my desk lol.

I once had the misfortune to install TrueSpace. I thought Blenders menu system was overload and cluttered, TruseSpace takes that accolade for sure. In addition, with all those menus repeated in every viewport, it was gross overkill.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Gray_Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
What I see from the screen shots, is perhaps 2 additions. The repeating of the Materials Editor Icon from the top menu into the Materials viewport, giving the user 3 ways of getting to the same function, and the Enlarge/Shrink viewport, which I believe is already there, albeit not so refined perhaps.

Personally, I have all four (Materials, Create, Object and Scene) tabs in the same viewport, on the one side of the screen, giving me more working space. I am all for a uncluttered working space, that includes my desk lol.

I once had the misfortune to install TrueSpace. I thought Blenders menu system was overload and cluttered, TruseSpace takes that accolade for sure. In addition, with all those menus repeated in every viewport, it was gross overkill.

Well, everyone adjusts panel under itself for maximum comfort with the program, but all with one hand is not always convenient, especially for such programs. For example, to get to the editing of the same cube, you must choose the inspector scene this object, then select the edit mode. Of course, you can switch tabs, but can be confusing at first - the selected object or not. So I'm now located on both sides of the tab (the good, wide screen). You can also use your settings - then who is most familiar. TrueSpace I also somehow put, but compared to DeleD his "space" interface. Very Happy

With regard to the material editor, it is logical that the button to call it should be located just on the tab corresponding to the panel, providing more quick access to it.

PS. At this point the panel Create/Edit is completely skin in undocked mode too ...
Gray_Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New edits:
Added Separation plugins by next types:
1) Import
2) Export
3) IDE Extentions

The first and secont plugin's type delivered in the "File" menu, the third type of plug-ins on there where he was in the "Plugins" menu. Binding paths for the first and second type of rigid, in a subfolder of the shared plugins folder. Subfolders - Importers & Exporters respectively.

ScreenShots:

IDE Extentions:

Importers:

Exporters:
harper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will stay looking on Your efforts about the menu-structure and -optimizing of DeleD; but play around with the original (USE IT). FEEL the difference between DeleD and all the others out there. DeleD's benefit is the simplicity!!. You can learn it quick - and after two years of improving Your handling, there is very little lack of features. Putting ALL possibilities in the visible state, is NOT improving the program. What i like in Deled is definitely, that is only showing what You, just in the moment, MAY use!
Keep it simple, keep it clean! (Says an artist, not a programmer...)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: