Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting vertices, normals and their indices my own way?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Exporting vertices, normals and their indices my own way? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I need to export shape vertices, normals and vertex, normal indices list prefarably in Wavefront obj file. The editor exports that vertices normals and their indices but numbering looks like randomly performed and so the indices. I couldn't find any correlation with vertex numbers which will be embeded into for, each loops and which is more elegant way for me to manage them.

Instead of leaving the numbering orientation to editor, Can I have access to vertex numbering and let the editor do the facing (Trianngles, trianglestrip, quads, etc) based on my vertex numbering?

Regards,
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not really understand your problem. It seems to me that you are trying to do it your own way, while others would just read the Wavefront OBJ specification and load the model (like I did).

Is there anything in pacticular you want? Do you have problems implementing an OBJ loader? Guess there are plenty examples on the net for you to study. Smile

If you actually want to use your own kind of vertex numbering/indexing you will need to make your own plugin.
Ronan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there anything in pacticular you want?

To assign the my own arbitrary vertex numbers,

Quote:
Do you have problems implementing an OBJ loader

Not an issue with Obj Loader, it load meshes fine, but in terms of managability and simplicity of meshes, I'll need to keep each vertex with increasing, decreasing order number or in any logical manner that can be put into loop .

Quote:
If you actually want to use your own kind of vertex numbering/indexing you will need to make your own plugin

I'm not conversant about plugins, I couldn't even grasp the idea of how that vertex, textures, normals, etcc are passed as reference or value to another application.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: