Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Texturing, importing and exporting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandyman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Texturing, importing and exporting Reply with quote

Hi,

I admit I do not model my models in DeleD. However I do lightmap them in it. I actually model in sketchup free. To export them I use a .x exporter. However when I import them into DeleD there are no textures. I know the textures are present on the model becuse when I use in my game engine (Realm Crafter Standard) without going through DeleD it works. I love lightmaps though and want to add them into my game. I first exported my model using the .x exporter but that seemed to put one texture in a folder and that was it. However since Realm Crafter was written in Blitz3d the best model type is .b3d. I was happy to find an expoter for this. This exported the lightmaps fine but there were no textures on the model. Also when the textures are in the texture folder of DeleD it comes up with all the materials and there textures. Also when I assign them to the polygons they are properly aligned on the face. Do I have to go through assigning the texture to as 9k poly model?

Thanks for you help in advance,
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue depends on the Software / Toolchain you are using. It would help if you take a look in the DXS file to see where your materials are pointed to. Also, be aware that DeleD can only handle a few 2D Filetypes (JPEG, TGA, DDS, PNG, BMP).

My guess is when you solve your 'missing-textures-on-import' issue the rest should work fine. I don't really understand however with what you mean with the aligned Faces ?

To sum it up: Check the DXS after import :)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Texturing, importing and exporting Reply with quote

Hi there dandyman, welcome! Smile

Nocturn is right - import the .x file and save the result to DXS. Then let's check the DXS to see if any textures are mentioned.

dandyman wrote:
To export them I use a .x exporter. However when I import them into DeleD there are no textures. I know the textures are present on the model becuse when I use in my game engine (Realm Crafter Standard) without going through DeleD it works.

Are you using that exported .x file in the game when textures show up? If so, this implies the .x importer does not import textures from that particular .x file correctly. This would mean, as Nocturn said, that no textures are in the DXS file. Let's check that. If this is the case, perhaps someone can improve the .x importer using your .x file.

dandyman wrote:

I love lightmaps though and want to add them into my game. I first exported my model using the .x exporter but that seemed to put one texture in a folder and that was it. However since Realm Crafter was written in Blitz3d the best model type is .b3d. I was happy to find an expoter for this. This exported the lightmaps fine but there were no textures on the model.

I know there are a number of blitz 3d users on these forums - perhaps one of them can help out here? I don't have experience with that exporter myself. Asking around on the blitz forums will probably help out too, if you haven't done that already.

Btw, would love to see some of your lightmapped work here. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: