Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark basic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Dark basic Reply with quote

Hey, I'm using dark basic to build a 3d game but whenever I try to load a 3d object I made in DeleD it loads it without the materials on it or anything. How can I fix this? Confused
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh,

You are not the first user to encounter this problem. The thing is, Darkbasic (non-pro version) does NOT support the JPG fileformat, hence the textures not showing up. For the record: we didn't know this until people started to complain about this very problem Wink

Long-term solution: DeleD will (in the future) support a convenient 'convert all textures to BMP' option.

Hotfix to your problem: convert the jpg's to .bmp with your favourite image editor. You can either do this before using them in DeleD, or after exporting the file to .X. If you choose the latter option, make sure to modify the references in the .X file as well (using notepad or some other text file editor).
dj blackdragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not entirely true. If you are using classic or enhanced you could use the load image command which would look like this

load image "filename.jpg",1

That is the only way to load them as far as I know.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, mixed signals here. We've seen troubles with loading DeleD files containing materials that had JPG's stored in them. As far as we know, Darkbasic Classic doesn't support JPG files. Yet you say it does? Can you or someone else verify this?
Jobyman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you can use jpgs by loading them into db and applying them to an exisiting object:

Code:

Load object  "man.x",1
Load image "man.jpg",1
Texture object 1,1

This will only work if you have patched your darbasic to the latest version(1.13) from the website, the older version only supported bmp files

but if you made an object and textured it in deled and exported into .x then the images will need to be .bmp

what i do is use a converter. There is a program called "3D Exploration" or "Deep exploration", same program, they just changed the name. you load your object from deled and just go, file=>save as and mak sure that the "save all textures as:" is set to BMP and thats it
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: