Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 2.45 runs supper slow (Fixed!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Version 2.45 runs supper slow (Fixed!) Reply with quote

I don't know what is wrong, but when I downloaded the new version, my maps and Deled became really really slow.

When I say they are really slow... I mean they are really really slow...
I am running an intel E8400 (3GHz), 4 GB of DDR2 800, 64 bit windows 7, and 8800 GS NV. I've sort of had this problem, but not at this speed. My map is perty big, but the differents here is, it's happening even to small maps that came with Deled...

Anyone else have this problem yet?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is really slow? The 2D views, 3D views, all views? Other parts of DeleD?

I suspect a few minor changes made to the drawing code to cause this behavior. Would like to know more about this!
adr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeroen, far as I can tell it's perty much all of deled. All my other programs seem to be running fine.

When I close out the 3d view and go to a 2d view, I get a little more "speed" to move around on (maybe 10fps), but any movement in the 3d one seems to drop to perty much nothing (maybe .5fps if that). (2x core, so half of the cpu is being used 100%, 60% altogather when running with deled.)

The other boxs seem to be a little slow too, but I can click around on em.

Hmmmm... lol silly question tho... dos deled make any changes to the os? That could be the issue and just need a restart.... I'll try that in a sec... I am also most finish on my other work to try this.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... DeleD does not make changes to the OS so that can't be it. All I can think of right now are those minor changes I mentioned.

I could provide you with a test version of DeleD (executably only). PM your emailaddress I can use, if you're interested.
adr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing a cold restart, the program seems to be running about where it should be with my creations.

I might have found the issue tho. Again, I don't know if it'll help you all, but if you set the grid size perty small right on the older version, and then upgrade and change the size, it created the issue above again....

The fixs is perty easy to do... just restart windows. (Might have to ask the user to restart after install or upgrading.)

adr2t a-t yahoo do-t co-m is my main ele mail. I don't mind testing it. Wish I could be more of help code wise.

After playing around with it a little more... I think I noticed where you was thinking this... Not sure what the differents is in code wise... but when moving in my larg map areas with the arrow keys, the 3d viewer seems to jump while if I have the mouse press, the frames don't seem to be as jumpy and is smooth.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this fixed. Smile

I don't think the minor improvements I have in mind would have helped in this cause (seeing that booting Windows solved this problem) but I will implement them anyway.

I'll remember your name when I need somebody to test new stuff. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: